I should stop watching highlights

RZNJ

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

When I watched him in the AAA championship game, he was playing ridiculously deep in LF.  It made me think he’s not very comfortable going back on balls over his head.  If true, that’s not a good attribute in Camden Yards.   

Or that's where the coaches were positioning him. That could have been either their strategy or what you suggested. Where were the other outfielders positioned?

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Or that's where the coaches were positioning him. That could have been either their strategy or what you suggested. Where were the other outfielders positioned?

Frankly, I mostly noticed it with Norby, but I can’t say I was paying close attention.  I only watched for 3-4 innings.   So, I’m not saying for certain he’s uncomfortable, it’s just something that concerned me as I was watching.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Frankly, I mostly noticed it with Norby, but I can’t say I was paying close attention.  I only watched for 3-4 innings.   So, I’m not saying for certain he’s uncomfortable, it’s just something that concerned me as I was watching.  

It's a solid theory for sure. He wouldn't be the first outfielder who struggled to come in or go back. 

8 hours ago, now said:

It's Norby time. Bye bye Hays, or Westburg, whatever it takes. 

I think Westburg is going to be a much better MLB player because of his defense at multiple IF positions. I also think a lot of people undervalue Westburg offensively because Elias and Hyde foolishly platooned Westburg in favor of Adam Frazier (terrible) last season to the detriment of both the team and Westburg.

I do like Norby a lot, though. If the Orioles trade him, hopefully we get strong value for him.

1 hour ago, Brooks The Great said:

I think Westburg is going to be a much better MLB player because of his defense at multiple IF positions. I also think a lot of people undervalue Westburg offensively because Elias and Hyde foolishly platooned Westburg in favor of Adam Frazier (terrible) last season to the detriment of both the team and Westburg.

I do like Norby a lot, though. If the Orioles trade him, hopefully we get strong value for him.

I admit a subjective bias in favor of Norby over Westburg. Still, I don't see Westburg having more than a utility (ceiling Zobrist?) role when Holliday and Mayo arrive. In the meantime I imagine other teams share your perception of better value in Westburg, so he would bring us more back in trade. 

1 minute ago, now said:

I admit a subjective bias in favor of Norby over Westburg. Still, I don't see Westburg having more than a utility (ceiling Zobrist?) role when Holliday and Mayo arrive. In the meantime I imagine other teams share your perception of better value in Westburg, so he would bring us more back in trade. 

That's fair, and I do think Westburg would bring back more in a trade, especially if he performs as well as I expect him to for the Orioles this upcoming season in more of a full time role now that Frazier is thankfully gone.

Realistically in a best case scenario for the Orioles and all of their current prospects and MLB players, both Norby and Westburg are going to be traded. I love Westburg. But I would trade him before Coby Mayo and Samuel Basallo, and I expect/hope for both of them to be regulars for the Orioles in 2025/2026.