Jordie Henry

btdart20

The Dom Freeberger threat in the minors forum had an X clip originally posted by Jordie Henry.  I didn't recall his name, so I did some digging...  

Prime Sports Performance | Baltimore, MD | Coaches

"Rapsodo Pitching, Driveline Foundations of Pitching, and Driveline Pitch Design certified."

"Jordie’s interest in pitching development stemmed from several injuries that he suffered in his own career, which then grew into a passion as he became a coach. He utilizes his knowledge of proper movement patterns, injury prevention, workload management, data and analytical application, pitch design, and more to build specialized training programs that help each individual athlete achieve their throwing and pitching goals."

Jordie Henry - YouTube - tons are arm care drills on his channel.  

His X page started with this.  

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2024 at 11:31 AM, btdart20 said:

The Dom Freeberger threat in the minors forum had an X clip originally posted by Jordie Henry.  I didn't recall his name, so I did some digging...  

Prime Sports Performance | Baltimore, MD | Coaches

"Rapsodo Pitching, Driveline Foundations of Pitching, and Driveline Pitch Design certified."

"Jordie’s interest in pitching development stemmed from several injuries that he suffered in his own career, which then grew into a passion as he became a coach. He utilizes his knowledge of proper movement patterns, injury prevention, workload management, data and analytical application, pitch design, and more to build specialized training programs that help each individual athlete achieve their throwing and pitching goals."

Jordie Henry - YouTube - tons are arm care drills on his channel.  

His X page started with this.  

Blows my mind all coaches don’t mandate their players use Pulse sensors.  Such an easy and informative tool to manage acute and chronic workload.  Keeping the darn things charged is another story.  Can’t wait for the next generation to come out.  

16 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Blows my mind all coaches don’t mandate their players use Pulse sensors.  Such an easy and informative tool to manage acute and chronic workload.  Keeping the darn things charged is another story.  Can’t wait for the next generation to come out.  

Do you know if Pulse sensors are just for baseball? I'm interested if the same can be used for softball where over use is a problem for pitchers that never really gets talked about.

2 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

Do you know if Pulse sensors are just for baseball? I'm interested if the same can be used for softball where over use is a problem for pitchers that never really gets talked about.

I’m sure it would work.  It’s not just the pitchers who run in to over use.  All positions but even more so catchers get stuck with a crazy workload no one really realizes. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I’m sure it would work.  It’s not just the pitchers who run in to over use.  All positions but even more so catchers get stuck with a crazy workload no one really realizes. 

Imagine brain sensors in helmets of football players. No more football. 

People already don’t like the 5 and dive SP trend. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't follow.  

The idea of the sensor is to gauge how much work load you've built up over time and how much you use each day.  The work volume with fluctuate and grow with time.  It also differentiates between a 'high effort' throw.  It's more so for use in practice and training than in game.  In game is much easier to tally accurately. 

But think for a second about the workload of a 5 and dive pitcher who throws ~100 pitchers per game.  Between warm up plyo routines, long toss, and their bullpen they are throwing ~100 times.   Add in ~7 pitches in between innings and you have a total workload of ~235 pitches with ~150 of those being a high effort throw.  All of that is super hard to keep track of and assess w/o tech helping you out.  What you think you've done and what you've actually done could be galaxies apart.  

Edited by emmett16

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They already have sensors in helmets. Ever notice how players wear different helmets in the NFL? Each position has their own helmet specialized for the impact they experience during games.