Birdland Caravan 2024

17 hours ago, Aglets said:

Well let's see.

You take away the informal Q & A events.

Your biggest stars are never attached to any of the events.

Many of the next wave of players people would want to see end up canceling after a week or so of being announced.   You don't allow for autographs or "photos with individual players."

Yeah I think I understand why interest might be down.

#BringBackFanFest

Could not agree more. 

I’m sure they have their reasons but I do not get having this event this weekend anyway. Last year it was the weekend after the AFC/NFC championships when there was no football. 

Club has a ton of young talented players and young kids who would love to see these players have limited at best opportunities to see any of them. 

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

At the end of the day the Orioles whiffed horribly on building any momentum from last year on a promotional front. I don’t think they could have done any worse. 

It would really benefit the club to put extra effort into fan engagement and striking while the iron is hot, especially with kids and younger fans. 

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

At the end of the day the Orioles whiffed horribly on building any momentum from last year on a promotional front. I don’t think they could have done any worse. 

They could have foregone the 101 video.  That would have been worse.  

I’m never sure how much this stuff matters in the short term.  If the team is in contention, people will come to games and watch on TV regardless of what promotions they did in the offseason.  

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They could have foregone the 101 video.  That would have been worse.  

I’m never sure how much this stuff matters in the short term.  If the team is in contention, people will come to games and watch on TV regardless of what promotions they did in the offseason.  

The video was solid. Of course it’s about winning and losing. I recall the buzz at the 2013 FanFest. They sold a ton of the BuckleUp Birds DVD’s. Place was packed. 

This is an easy team to root for right now and they aren’t maximizing the exposure. 

Edited by eddie83
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

It would really benefit the club to put extra effort into fan engagement and striking while the iron is hot, especially with kids and younger fans. 

They seem to be more worried about pinching pennies than any real attempt at fan engagement.