Will Ryan O'Hearn be traded?

wildcard

21 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Yeah but a GM needs roster spots so if you could have those 3 right now (and youre cherry picking) What 3 of the above mentioned 4 do you want to say goodbye too? The above are pretty elite too.

Cmon man, we carried Vallimont for a season. The 40 man isn’t exactly overfilled with talent 

2 hours ago, brooooksy said:

Man that Scott trade is looking pretty rough right now. Can’t help but wonder what our bullpen would look like with him, Phillips, and Harvey in it. You wouldn’t needed to sign Kimbrel or Givens, that’s for sure.

That trade was made to save money and make the team worse so it it could get a high draft pick. I have to believe that because if not, then we have to ask who made the assessments of the players received in return? Velez is a soft tossing minor league lefty who looks like he will never get out of AA, Guerrero was a lottery ticket who looks like a slow twitch guy with a long swing, and Yaqui Ramirez is a little right-hander who can only pitch in relief and although he's had success at a young age, the stuff doesn't jump out at you as a major league prospect.

Scott would have been nice in the pen last year for sure, but maybe they don't go out and get Coulombe if he was here? Coulombe was pretty darn good last yea and Perez was able to settle in and become a ground ball machine from the left-side.

When you add in Hall, the Orioles have some nice left-handed options in the pen. i just wish they would have gotten a better return for Scott and Sulser to a lesser extent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

That trade was made to save money and make the team worse so it it could get a high draft pick. I have to believe that because if not, then we have to ask who made the assessments of the players received in return? Velez is a soft tossing minor league lefty who looks like he will never get out of AA, Guerrero was a lottery ticket who looks like a slow twitch guy with a long swing, and Yaqui Ramirez is a little right-hander who can only pitch in relief and although he's had success at a young age, the stuff doesn't jump out at you as a major league prospect.

Scott would have been nice in the pen last year for sure, but maybe they don't go out and get Coulombe if he was here? Coulombe was pretty darn good last yea and Perez was able to settle in and become a ground ball machine from the left-side.

When you add in Hall, the Orioles have some nice left-handed options in the pen. i just wish they would have gotten a better return for Scott and Sulser to a lesser extent.

I believe they actually just released Velez, so that trade is pretty much officially a bust. 

Edited by interloper

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

I believe they actually just released Velez, so that trade is pretty much officially a bust. 

Yeah, the stuff was well below average and he had a hard time staying healthy. Seemed like whoever selected the players in that trade really did not do a good assessment.

The 2022 Comp Round B pick was I think the main return on Scott/Sulser - it became Jud Fabian.

You know, new Marlins GM Peter Bendix over from the Rays probably likes the Kevin Kiermaier great glove, no hit types...maybe Fabian could be the start of a Scott rental this summer.

It is Scott's walk year, and Sandy Alcantara is absent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Completely off topic, but Jacob Teter enjoyed playing the game.  I didn't think he'd last long, but he was always smiling and talking.  I wish him well with whatever he does.

On a related note that makes me wonder what type of person I am:  I wonder if teams draft players just to make the stars feel more comfortable?  Like a service dog?  I mean year 1 at Aberdeen can be stressful.

38 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The 2022 Comp Round B pick was I think the main return on Scott/Sulser - it became Jud Fabian.

You know, new Marlins GM Peter Bendix over from the Rays probably likes the Kevin Kiermaier great glove, no hit types...maybe Fabian could be the start of a Scott rental this summer.

It is Scott's walk year, and Sandy Alcantara is absent.

Yeah, Fabian was the real return there. Of course, he’s struggled at AA, and we have a few guys with the same skillset.

Regardless it’s probably a fair trade for that pick. But I do wonder what happens in 2022 if the roster were filled out with major leaguers to start the year instead of another planned tank year. 

12 minutes ago, brooooksy said:

Yeah, Fabian was the real return there. Of course, he’s struggled at AA, and we have a few guys with the same skillset.

Regardless it’s probably a fair trade for that pick. But I do wonder what happens in 2022 if the roster were filled out with major leaguers to start the year instead of another planned tank year. 

Or if Kyle Bradish and Grayson Rodriguez got to take say 20 extra starts guys like Spenser Watkins and Bruce Zimmermann, and especially Chris Ellis, took.

Adley probably is okay assets got funneled to the Holliday years, right?

5 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Or if Kyle Bradish and Grayson Rodriguez got to take say 20 extra starts guys like Spenser Watkins and Bruce Zimmermann, and especially Chris Ellis, took.

Adley probably is okay assets got funneled to the Holliday years, right?

Even then, there were a lot of starters available on cheap one year deals like Cueto and Quintana. Nothing like starting the year with two proven major league starters in the rotation.