Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

Tonight, there will be quality adult beverages served to spouse and guests that is normally reserved for Cowboys losses and the day the Yankees season ends.

The crack of dawn.... coming up over a young, exciting, and talented team, of which their agents are sharpening pencils and perusing the Robb Report.......

Praise Baby Cheeses!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Some actual sports programming on MASN outside of O's games.  No poker is not a sport.

And a legitimate streaming app with a paid subscription so I don't have subscribe to Fios or Comcast or use an "illegal" VPN to actually watch the team play. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

Maybe this is naive, but Rubenstein is an Os fan--thus, he probably follows the team, knows how successful Elias has been, and just gives a great mind a budget.  It's not like some Bay Area tech billionaire is buying the team. 

Agreed I can tell a younger professor or faculty member at the college even if don’t know who they are with what they put on their wish list for budget and hiring.  Younger person has a giant list of all their ideas and goals.  I get something with just basics I am like ok this guy has been to this rodeo before,  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

The money Bisciotti paid Modell was 49% before he took full control. Art put back into the team. Art had 4 years before Steve had the option to take full control. 

It’s appears Rubenstein will have control at approval, the balance of the sale is a tax matter.

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

And a legitimate streaming app with a paid subscription so I don't have subscribe to Fios or Comcast or use an "illegal" VPN to actually watch the team play. 

Is there any team in baseball that has a standalone streaming app?  I don’t think so.  

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s appears Rubenstein will have control at approval, the balance of the sale is a tax matter.

Good this was the one thing I wanted to hear. I assumed Rubenstein would have control of the daily operations once getting approved by the owner's committee, but it's reassuring to know.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s