Spring Training game broadcasts

rm5678

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Here are the MASN spring games:

Saturday, Feb. 24: Orioles vs. Red Sox in Sarasota, 1 p.m.
Saturday, March 2: Orioles vs. Yankees in Sarasota, 1 p.m.
Monday, March 11: Orioles vs. Yankees in Tampa, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, March 19: Orioles vs. Blue Jays in Dunedin, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, March 20: Orioles vs. Phillies in Sarasota, 6 p.m.
Thursday, March 21: Orioles vs. Red Sox in Fort Myers, 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 23: Orioles vs. Blue Jay in Sarasota, 6 p.m.

According to social media, broadcasters/analysts will NOT be onsite to call the games. We are literally the only franchise too cheap to have them onsite. JA doing his best to twist the knife till the very end.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Actually, it looks like they’re running a 6 months for $1 promotion right now.  Not sure if I’d qualify since I did that once already.  It was something like $17/mo. full freight.  Much more than I’d pay since I only want Orioles coverage and have no interest in the Baltimore local news since I don’t live there.  

I did that promotion last year, and I was able to sign up again for that promotion today.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, interloper said:

I agree. When they let Melewski stream play-by-play I was thrilled to just hear the game, and he did a pretty respectable job honestly. That was a couple years ago though and he didn't do that last year, which was a shame. MLB's gameday is so broken during spring training that it's almost impossible to follow games that aren't on the radio. It's just wild that this stuff is an issue in 2024. 

I remember those streamed games that Melewski did, and yes he did a good job. I enjoyed those broadcasts a lot. I assume it wouldn't cost much to have him to do that again this year for the games that are not on TV or radio.

54 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Here are the MASN spring games:

Saturday, Feb. 24: Orioles vs. Red Sox in Sarasota, 1 p.m.
Saturday, March 2: Orioles vs. Yankees in Sarasota, 1 p.m.
Monday, March 11: Orioles vs. Yankees in Tampa, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, March 19: Orioles vs. Blue Jays in Dunedin, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, March 20: Orioles vs. Phillies in Sarasota, 6 p.m.
Thursday, March 21: Orioles vs. Red Sox in Fort Myers, 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 23: Orioles vs. Blue Jay in Sarasota, 6 p.m.

As a diehard fan as we all are, the only criticism I have of the selection is that 4 of the 7 games are in the last week of the exhibition season when a lot of the prospects will have been moved to minor league camp.   But we might not be the primary target, more the casual fan who is ready to get ramped up for the season that is just a week away.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

As a diehard fan as we all are, the only criticism I have of the selection is that 4 of the 7 games are in the last week of the exhibition season when a lot of the prospects will have been moved to minor league camp.   But we might not be the primary target, more the casual fan who is ready to get ramped up for the season that is just a week away.

My other criticism is that 3 of the MASN games are also on the radio, which is mostly redundant. They should have chosen all 12 radio games to be games that are not also being televised on MASN.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Actually, it looks like they’re running a 6 months for $1 promotion right now.  Not sure if I’d qualify since I did that once already.  It was something like $17/mo. full freight.  Much more than I’d pay since I only want Orioles coverage and have no interest in the Baltimore local news since I don’t live there.  

Just sign up the promo every year under a new email addy:

imnotpayingalotforthismuffler@gmail.com for '24
imnotpayingalotforthismuffler2@gmail.com for '25
fooledyouagain@gmail.com in '26

and so on ...

• Haha 1

The Twins released their broadcast schedule today, and it includes 2 games against the O's:

February 28 (Twins radio)

March 24th (Bally Sports North, which will also be on MLB TV)

Still waiting for the Rays & Braves to release their broadcast schedules. We play 7 games against those 2 teams this spring.

This article:

https://www.si.com/mlb/braves/minor-league/braves-spring-breakout-game-versus-red-sox-prospects-to-be-broadcast-on-mlb-network

says that all Braves ST games will be on the Braves radio network, so that would include a few games against the O's which the O's are not already broadcasting.

My current count is 13 O's games on TV and 13 more on the radio. Still waiting on the Rays to announce their broadcast schedule. We play 4 games against the Rays that the are not on the O's broadcast schedule, so hopefully the Rays will broadcast at least some of those.

The Rays announced their TV schedule today. The games against the O's on 3/15 and 3/23 will be on Bally Sports Sun, so those should be on MLB TV also. That makes as many as 15 O's games that will be televised this spring.

• Upvote 2

I may have missed it, but I didn't see the entire schedule, including non-MASN games, written out anywhere. Here's what I'm seeing right now:

3/1 @ATL on MLB.com

3/2 vs. NYY on MASN, MLBN, YES

3/3 @PIT on SNP

3/5 @PHI on NBCSP+

3/9 @ ATL on MLB.com

3/10 @TOR on SnetONE, NESN360 (split squad)

3/11 @NYY on MASN, YES

3/14 @PIT on SNP+

3/15 @TB on BSSUN

3/19 @ TOR MASN, Sportsnet, NESN360

3/20 vs. PHI MASN

3/21 @ BOS MAN, NESN+

3/23 @TB BSSUN (split squad)

3/23 vs. TOR MASN (split squad)

3/24 @MIN BSNO

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1