Orioles close to acquiring Corbin Burnes (Update: Acquired for Joey Ortiz and DL Hall)

ThisIsBirdland

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Tanner Scott?   He would be another one year rental but the 2023 Scott was probably a best case scenario for D.L. Hall this year.

It was vague, so I wasn't sure if it was an ex-Oriole or Brewer.

18 minutes ago, foxfield said:

If this is what 24 hours without Roch is like...

I know, it's miserable, isn't it? There are no honest people who can give us the real inside scoop.  I hope he's back soon! we need someone reliable from the inside who is empowered to tell us what's going on!!

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just extend Holliday and let’s watch him win ROY.

Burnes, Bradish, Grayson, Means, Kremer

Kimbrel, Cano, Wells, Tate, Baumann, Coloumbe, Perez, Irvin

vs RHP

1. Holliday 2B L

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar SS L

4. Santander RF S

5. Mountcastle 1B R

6. O’Hearn DH L

7. Hays LF R

8. Mullins CF L

9. Westburg 2B R

McCann, Urias, Mateo, Hilliard

Looks good to me. I wouldn’t hate adding one more BP arm but this is fine. 

With the current starting 5, they might be able to keep one less BP arm early in the season. One can certainly hope that Bradish and Rodriquez can up innings pitch/start. Means is the unknown in the puzzle. I can see them coming north with an extra bench player.

The Brewers DFA’d their 2019 1st rd pick LHP Ethan Small to make room on their 40 man for this trade. Odd that Small wasn’t just a throw in considering we are at 38 for the 40 man right now.

I’m thinking that they think this return might be a little light and didn’t want to make it look even worse so they’re separating their 2019 1st rd pick from it. 

Just seems odd. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Brewers DFA’d their 2019 1st rd pick LHP Ethan Small to make room on their 40 man for this trade. Odd that Small wasn’t just a throw in considering we are at 38 for the 40 man right now.

I’m thinking that they think this return might be a little light and didn’t want to make it look even worse so they’re separating their 2019 1st rd pick from it. 

Just seems odd. 

We’re at 39 I think unless we were already at 38 prior to the trade? I’d like to see us claim Small. Could be a nice bullpen arm since he seems to have stalled as a SP. He’s had some success out of the pen.