Saturday, February 24 vs Red Sox in Sarasota

SteveA

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

What is Kjerstad ancestry?

Britain & Ireland

Kjerstad Family History

Kjerstad Name Meaning

Historically, surnames evolved as a way to sort people into groups - by occupation, place of origin, clan affiliation, patronage, parentage, adoption, and even physical characteristics (like red hair). Many of the modern surnames in the dictionary can be traced back to Britain and Ireland.

Just finished DVR.

Garrett Whitlock I guess gets new Jackson Holliday personal best for toughest pitcher faced.

MASN graphics got Michael Perez and Diego Castillo's names wrong when they came up.

Enrique Bradfield - welcome to MLB camp.    It wasn't Jesse Orosco but a lefty middle reliever coming off a good AA year a step up in competitive challenge.

Glad Cowser got the happy moment at the end.     I thought when he was on 2nd (and Enrique pinch running on 1st), Michael Perez's long flyout to CF warning track could have been a double tag up.    I assume Sigbot regards his and Adley's HR's as two flyouts from the xwOBA perspective.     No Statcast today.

Coby Mayo, anticipating the ultra-wide stance, I don't know if he changed anything this winter, but for my first couple MASN looks it didn't seem as extreme as I thought it might.

Corbin Burnes gets to be Thor in Adley's Avengers this year.

Great to have baseball back!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Listened to/watched/read about (?) an interview of Burnes the other day talking about Rutschman, and he noted he'd be seeing how Adley receives the ball (among other things).  Was looking for that today, and there were clearly a couple of low strikes called because of bringing that glove up from below. 

Interested to see if he gives AR any credit as the season progresses, should they have good success as a battery. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Babkins said:

Did Heasley just vomit before the 2–1 offering?

I saw that too, and I recently saw an article (I don't remember where) saying that he has vomited on the mound several times in his career.