Sunday February 25th versus the Pirates, 1:05

forphase1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

54. Ryan Long – RHP (A+/AA): Big 6-foot-6 right-hander who made his way to AA after being a 17th rounder in the 2021 draft. His fastball sits 92-94, t96 with a solid change and a well below average slider. Dominates lefties with his changeup but with a below average breaking ball, right-handers give him fits. Maybe he gets a bump in stuff if he goes to the bullpen, but either way, the slider needs to improve.

His MLB page shows he pitched in Great Britain.  How come he pitched in Great Britain?

Lol on the squibber Double by Johnson. The announces are way off. The issue was Termir Johnson for some reason went to his left on a ball up the middle and didn't cover 2B like he should have. I have no idea why he went that way?

Just now, oriolediehard said:

His MLB page shows he pitched in Great Britain.  How come he pitched in Great Britain?

I assume he has some ancestry there? They are very loose on allowing Americans to play for those European teams.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

John Rhodes was like, "Thanks Handley." Cost him a spring training PA there.

Actually, Matt Gorski made a hell of throw from LF to get Handley. That's a double for most left fielders. Gorski can throw but he's a terrible hitter.

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

54. Ryan Long – RHP (A+/AA): Big 6-foot-6 right-hander who made his way to AA after being a 17th rounder in the 2021 draft. His fastball sits 92-94, t96 with a solid change and a well below average slider. Dominates lefties with his changeup but with a below average breaking ball, right-handers give him fits. Maybe he gets a bump in stuff if he goes to the bullpen, but either way, the slider needs to improve.

Nice outing for him, for whatever that’s worth at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Nice outing for him, for whatever that’s worth at this point. 

He was basically who I saw last year in the minors. His slider still wasn't very good but the fastball-changeup combo seems to work a bit. I still think if he's going to be a big leaguers, it will be in the pen and he still needs to find a better and more consistent breaking ball.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I can’t say enough about how great MLB TV is, even though the Os are blocked out during the season. I had it last year but not during ST. Great to just have the Birds on my TV regardless of the feed. 

I get MLB TV all season for the O’s living out of market. I had fun today watching the Pirates TV feed on the app with the volume turned down and then listening WBAL radio feed on my phone — although the radio feed was behind the TV feed. Still better to hear the home team announcers.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Orioles West said:

I get MLB TV all season for the O’s living out of market. I had fun today watching the Pirates TV feed on the app with the volume turned down and then listening WBAL radio feed on my phone — although the radio feed was behind the TV feed. Still better to hear the home team announcers.

I'm guessing the camera work was better that Saturday's game? I went back to watch some of it again and it finally dawned on me that the CF cam had the effect of watching the game through binoculars. 

• Upvote 1