Greg Anderson - Jerk or Hero?

Flip217

So it looks like Greg Anderson prefers to sit in a jail cell than testify under oath about his friend Barry Bonds.

Does this make him a jerk for making it harder to get to the truth of what happened?

Or is he a hero for standing up for his friend and not squealing?

I think he's sort of a jerk. If I was asked to testify and I thought what I said might hurt a friend, I think I'd be compelled to apologize to that friend, try and work out some understanding with them, but I'd testify. Our justice system needs witnesses to testify in order to work; if they refuse to help out, the whole thing falls apart.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it looks like Greg Anderson prefers to sit in a jail cell than testify under oath about his friend Barry Bonds.

Does this make him a jerk for making it harder to get to the truth of what happened?

Or is he a hero for standing up for his friend and not squealing?

I think he's sort of a jerk. If I was asked to testify and I thought what I said might hurt a friend, I think I'd be compelled to apologize to that friend, try and work out some understanding with them, but I'd testify. Our justice system needs witnesses to testify in order to work; if they refuse to help out, the whole thing falls apart.

Hes just not protecting bonds, hes protecting himself. When he agreed to plead guilty for steroids distribution he supposedly signed some immunity deal from dealing with the rest of the balco stuff but the prosecutors lied to him so hes angry at them as well. Right now all he has to do is spend 2-3 more weeks in jail and this balco stuff is pretty much over for him. Plus if he gets on the stand and doesn't say exactly what the prosecution wants he could face perjury so going to jail for a little more longer is his best option.

Hes just not protecting bonds, hes protecting himself. When he agreed to plead guilty for steroids distribution he supposedly signed some immunity deal from dealing with the rest of the balco stuff but the prosecutors lied to him so hes angry at them as well. Right now all he has to do is spend 2-3 more weeks in jail and this balco stuff is pretty much over for him. Plus if he gets on the stand and doesn't say exactly what the prosecution wants he could face perjury so going to jail for a little more longer is his best option.

Isn't there some sort of tax-probe business too, with his wife involved? I wonder if they're just going to try and hammer him any way they can now.

I don't think there is any question abou it.

Yeah. No doubts for me there. At first I wondered if he was keeping quiet to protect his credibilty with future clients, but at this point he has to know that the govt won't let him near suspicious meds in the future.

We've already seen the stories about the tax cases being brought against his wife. Ever since it was announced that the prosecutors were appealling the exclusion of the evidence negated by his silence, Ive been wondering whether or not the govt may have some reason to think Anderson might crack if given a little more time.

Im also wondering who is going to star in the Lifetime original movie about what the big bad government is doing to the innocent wife. Valerie Bertanelli?

Hero.

This whole Barry Bonds witch hunt thing is gigantic load of crap, and an even bigger waste of money.

I agree with the second part, and to BTerp, I don't think Bonds should have even been in that position to begin with because it's not important imo, at least not to the government.

I agree with the second part, and to BTerp, I don't think Bonds should have even been in that position to begin with because it's not important imo, at least not to the government.

I'm glad the government took on the issue... If we're honest we have to acknowledge that the government pursuing the issue brought testing to MLB which is a good thing.

Hero.

This whole Barry Bonds witch hunt thing is gigantic load of crap, and an even bigger waste of money.

Yeah lying before a Grand Jury is a "load of crap". All Bonds had to do was tell the TRUTH. Instead he choosed to lie, so now he has to deal with it.

Archived