Fubo adds MASN

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Good point.

Looks like it will be $92.

Still less than DTv but  needing to keep YoutubeTV during the tourney (pay period starts right before it) negates most of that money.  But DTv kind of sucks.  Have to compare the channel differences.

I legit bought DTV for MASN and MASN only. Big Ten Network is a nice sweetener but I legit don’t care about anything else. 

I spent an hour trying to download the DTV app to my LG TV yesterday before realizing it just wasn’t gonna happen. They send you a lil fire stick type thing I guess. It felt good cancelling the mlb.tv package. I will, however, buy the milb.tv package. 

I shudder to think how much money I spend on nitwit streaming services that we don’t really use now that Yellowstone is over. I need a cleanup, seriously. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The one advantage will be no contract required and people can just opt to subscribe during baseball season. I'm probably going go a different route with MLB TV and a VPN.

Yea..that’s what I do.  DTv for baseball season and YoutubeTV the other half the year.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Anyone have Fubo? Be interesting to hear whether I should cut the cord or not.

They are doing a one week free trial right now. Guess you could try it out and then not spend the money if you don’t like it.

It looks like it has most of the channels. 

So, this is what I found in researching costs of streaming.  All of the streamers that have a live and local TV component like XfinityStream, DirectTV Streaming, Fobu, and even Hulu are right at that "Preferred" package price when you add in the necessity of having to use the internet to support the use.  What the streamers have managed to do over the past couple of years is jack their prices such that when combined with the internet your buying from Xfinity - or whoever - it is essentially the cost of a bundle that you used to get from Xfinity or Verizon or Dish...  And they are devising more ways, like Xfinity is now with the escalation of MASN to the higher tier - to get additional money by limiting what people mostly want which is live tv with local broadcasts.  

What's really the killer to me is the required equiptment rental for Xfinity.  It's not half the total bill, but it's near it.  If I invest in FireSticks or Roku, I might be able to turn 2-3 of the 5 small set top boxes in.  I could then run XfinityStreaming with those TV's for free because I have the cable package still.  Luckily I already have the package MASN is on now, so I'll be able to watch games, but I'd still prefer finding a cheaper alternative.  That's a task.

I’m doing it. I’m pulling the trigger and cutting cable. I just went and bought the Arris G36 modem/router and am in talks with a Comcast rep to downgrade to internet only. I don’t even want to rent a modem from them at this point. 

I just paid a $253 bill. Never again. I’ll get a VPN and pay upfront for a MLB subscription for the year. We only watch Netflix anyways. Screw cable. I’m done. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

I’m doing it. I’m pulling the trigger and cutting cable. I just went and bought the Arris G36 modem/router and am in talks with a Comcast rep to downgrade to internet only. I don’t even want to rent a modem from them at this point. 

I just paid a $253 bill. Never again. I’ll get a VPN and pay upfront for a MLB subscription for the year. We only watch Netflix anyways. Screw cable. I’m done. 

Ditto here.  Literally cancelled Xfinity on Monday and trying out Fubo this week.  Even buying the MLB package, I was going to save 100 bucks a month on tv/internet.  Now it’ll be $130 with MASN being added.

Last time I looked at Xfinity was 2018ish. Back then, they wouldn't give you their fastest internet without subbing to tv as well. They also had a monthly download limit.

Do some research before you cut the cord.

Also, suppose.tv is a good site to see what services have the channels you want.

I'm in Ohio, anyone know if MASN will be on an upgrade tier for people out of market? I would love to be able to fully absorb into "Maryland mode" by watching the pre and post game shows on MASN" ... even if they are not the best quality. (Can you tell I miss Maryland?)

Be careful with Fubo though as they don't have TBS (or TNT), which means you'll need another way to watch the MLB playoffs when the time comes.

I was going to switch from DirecTV Stream but that's a big issue.

13 minutes ago, OrioleMagic79 said:

I'm in Ohio, anyone know if MASN will be on an upgrade tier for people out of market? I would love to be able to fully absorb into "Maryland mode" by watching the pre and post game shows on MASN" ... even if they are not the best quality. (Can you tell I miss Maryland?)

I read a couple of articles on this and it doesn't appear that you can watch any Regional Network that is out of your area. The Regional Sports Network package is already an additional addon, and only gives access to your local area. This is how I'm interpreting what I'm reading, anyway.

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115005322088-What-Regional-Sports-Networks-are-available-on-Fubo?

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360046050051-What-is-the-Regional-Sports-Fee

Edited by nevadaO

23 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

I read a couple of articles on this and it doesn't appear that you can watch any Regional Network that is out of your area. The Regional Sports Network package is already an additional addon, and only gives access to your local area. This is how I'm interpreting what I'm reading, anyway.

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115005322088-What-Regional-Sports-Networks-are-available-on-Fubo?

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/360046050051-What-is-the-Regional-Sports-Fee

Ah, ok. Bummer.