Fubo adds MASN

Sports Guy

Good to know, but will Fubo be available in-market?

Would this blurb from the press release be a yes? This a win if true. Can't wait for the day we can just subscribe to MASN directly.

Ahead of Major League Baseball Opening Day (March 28, 2024), MASN will be available to Fubo subscribers across a seven-state region, from Harrisburg, Pa., to Charlotte, N.C. Fubo will stream MASN’s coverage of every available game of both the Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals, pre- and postgame shows, and NCAA Division I men's and women's sports, totaling more than 500 live events annually.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

At first glance it looks cheaper than the mlb.tv stream. Maybe only $30 or so cheaper. And your getting alot of cable tv channels with it.

It’s really going to depend on which tier MASN is in and to me it looks like it’s the $79.99 one that’s required to get Monument Sports network. Monument Sports is the old Comcast Sportsnet that carries Capitals and Wizards games locally. Not much of a bargain compared to cable tv. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s really going to depend on which tier MASN is in and to me it looks like it’s the $79.99 one that’s required to get Monument Sports network. Monument Sports is the old Comcast Sportsnet that carries Capitals and Wizards games locally. Not much of a bargain compared to cable tv. 

The more outlets the merrier. Dish Network pissed me off to no end two years ago.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

The more outlets the merrier. Dish Network pissed me off to no end two years ago.

Dish Network sucks and I dumped them in 2015. Eventually the dam will burst and in-market Orioles fans will get a reasonable option to subscribe to MASN without paying for a bunch of channels most people have no interest in watching.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not seeing MASN listed in Virginia. It has some Orioles logo but when I tap on it, it says something about MLB.tv. 

I don't think Fubo has updated their channel listings yet to incorporate MASN and what the monthly price will be for subscribers.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What about the RSN fees? I think thats before taxes and fees…. read the fine print!!!

Good point.

Looks like it will be $92.

Still less than DTv but  needing to keep YoutubeTV during the tourney (pay period starts right before it) negates most of that money.  But DTv kind of sucks.  Have to compare the channel differences.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yes hopefully more and more services start picking up MASN.   This could be first domino to drop.  Maybe youtubetv follows.

49 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Good point.

Looks like it will be $92.

Still less than DTv but  needing to keep YoutubeTV during the tourney (pay period starts right before it) negates most of that money.  But DTv kind of sucks.  Have to compare the channel differences.

The one advantage will be no contract required and people can just opt to subscribe during baseball season. I'm probably going go a different route with MLB TV and a VPN.