Orioles see huge increase in season ticket sales

5 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I'm sure it helped having the opportunity to purchase '23 playoff tickets tied to purchasing '24 Birdland Membership

That's what did it for me.

Knowing now what games I have on the family calendar (that I can defend against other obligations) is a nice feeling this summer too.

Easter, May 19th run the bases, Father's Day, August Astros, September Rays. Let's goo.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, AdamK said:

That's what did it for me.

Same here. I had a 13 game Sunday plan for years that I gave up in 2018, but I looove playoff and OD games. I jumped back in to buy a 2024 plan simply to have access to 2023 playoffs, and then being able to get OD and 2024 playoffs would just be a bonus. 

When you commit the money and can then spend it however you want, the plans are pretty hard to beat (as long as you go to at least a small handful of games per year). We got tickets to a few promo giveaway games and will probably spend the remainder on random weeknight games for slightly better $eats.

35 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Same here. I had a 13 game Sunday plan for years that I gave up in 2018, but I looove playoff and OD games. I jumped back in to buy a 2024 plan simply to have access to 2023 playoffs, and then being able to get OD and 2024 playoffs would just be a bonus. 

When you commit the money and can then spend it however you want, the plans are pretty hard to beat (as long as you go to at least a small handful of games per year). We got tickets to a few promo giveaway games and will probably spend the remainder on random weeknight games for slightly better $eats.

According to the Oriole website ,you can only exchange 50% of your ticket plan now.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

According to the Oriole website ,you can only exchange 50% of your ticket plan now.

Interesting. I'll use 50%+, but that's definitely good to know. What about sales? Do they count as exchanges?

Actually, can you post a link? I've been looking for a while now...can't find the fine print on the plans.

FOUND IT: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/season-tickets/guide

Edited by CP0861

11 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Interesting. I'll use 50%+, but that's definitely good to know. What about sales? Do they count as exchanges?

Actually, can you post a link? I've been looking for a while now...can't find the fine print on the plans.

FOUND IT: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/season-tickets/guide

I originally misinterpreted the 50%....I was thinking exchange=forward.

You can exchange 50% of the tickets for the Reserved Membership (actual game plans) on a dollar for dollar swap.

You can do whatever you want (within the limitations of the specific level) with tickets purchased through the Flex Membership.

On 3/15/2024 at 3:12 PM, BRobinsonfan said:

It's as if there's a correlation between performing well and ticket sales. Best get the boys down in the lab working on this.   

Obviously there is a correlation, but it sounds like the degree of increase might be bigger than I’d expected based on what happened in the 2012-16 run.  I guess we’ll see.