Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I would agree.  He needs a complete reset.  Complete rest.  Starting to remind me more and more of Dylan Bundy.  A guy who FOR SURE early in his baseball life trained too hard.  Played too hard.  Took baseball too hard as a possible career.  By the time he grew into an adult man, he wasn't the player he was as a kid and young man.  Both mentally and physically. 

I said this in an earlier post, but unlike most athletes, JH seems to have been groomed from the time he was 3 to be a baseball player.   He may already have the body of a 27 year old when it comes to wear and tear.   And I am sure since all he has ever done is baseball, there is a part of him mentally that is just tired.

That is why with my son and daughter (5 and 9  ) I encourage them to play any and all sports, but focus on none.  Your true abilities in any sport will eventually come out.    Just don't over do it.  Even Tiger broke down from his dads complete obsession with making him the best.  The fact that Tiger actually did it is a testament to his mental strength. 

That being said.......if you can get a boatload for him now?  I would do it.  I said it yesterday but he is not a special athlete.  He is a very good baseball player.  But not an elite athlete  despite what Corn says.   And this injury is not a good sign of what is to come. 

What in the world...

Lmao

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I would agree.  He needs a complete reset.  Complete rest.  Starting to remind me more and more of Dylan Bundy.  A guy who FOR SURE early in his baseball life trained too hard.  Played too hard.  Took baseball too hard as a possible career.  By the time he grew into an adult man, he wasn't the player he was as a kid and young man.  Both mentally and physically. 

I said this in an earlier post, but unlike most athletes, JH seems to have been groomed from the time he was 3 to be a baseball player.   He may already have the body of a 27 year old when it comes to wear and tear.   And I am sure since all he has ever done is baseball, there is a part of him mentally that is just tired.

That is why with my son and daughter (5 and 9  ) I encourage them to play any and all sports, but focus on none.  Your true abilities in any sport will eventually come out.    Just don't over do it.  Even Tiger broke down from his dads complete obsession with making him the best.  The fact that Tiger actually did it is a testament to his mental strength. 

That being said.......if you can get a boatload for him now?  I would do it.  I said it yesterday but he is not a special athlete.  He is a very good baseball player.  But not an elite athlete  despite what Corn says.   And this injury is not a good sign of what is to come. 

banned south park GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

What in the world...

Lmao

I don't think anything I said was extreme.

Being a 20 year old NONE pitcher, to have elbow issues already?

That is odd.   And again, I think mentally he has been all baseball all the time since he was a 3 year old.   That has to be exhausting.

Probably would not be the worst thing in the world for him to miss the rest of the year and come back fresh in 2025. 

I’m not going to sit here and psychoanalyze Jackson Holliday.  The fact that he’s somewhat underperformed the extremely high expectations set for him over the last two months doesn’t make him a head case.  It’s baseball, sometimes things are going your way and sometimes they’re not.  I just hope the elbow soreness doesn’t linger and he’s back on the field soon.  

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I don't think anything I said was extreme.

Being a 20 year old NONE pitcher, to have elbow issues already?

That is odd.   And again, I think mentally he has been all baseball all the time since he was a 3 year old.   That has to be exhausting.

Probably would not be the worst thing in the world for him to miss the rest of the year and come back fresh in 2025. 

Basallo had an elbow issue I didn't hear you say anything about him.

Of course I'm not 100% sure you know who Basallo is.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not going to sit here and psychoanalyze Jackson Holliday.  The fact that he’s somewhat underperformed the extremely high expectations set for him over the last two months doesn’t make him a head case.  It’s baseball, sometimes things are going your way and sometimes they’re not.  I just hope the elbow soreness doesn’t linger and he’s back on the field soon.  

Before the call up he was considered really mature for his age. Now he’s a mental case. Lol. Can’t make this stuff up. 

30 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

What were your teenage years like? How are your kids doing these days, what fields are they masters of? Of your jobs which has been your favorite? Are you a Friends or a Seinfeld guy? How long is your list of lays? Tell us more, I'm anxious to know more about OnlyOneOriole and his adventures and Dos Equis commercial-worthy life. 

Edited by Flash- bd
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flash- bd said:

What were your teenage years like? How are your kids doing these days, what fields are they masters of? Of your jobs which has been your favorite? Are you a Friends or a Seinfeld guy? How long is your list of lays? Tell us more, I'm anxious to know more about OnlyOneOriole and his adventures and Dos Equis commercial-worthy life. 

Not that long, I'm more of a Pringles guy.

Lay's: Classic, Barbecue, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar & Sour Cream, Salt & Vinegar, Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Basallo had an elbow issue I didn't hear you say anything about him.

Of course I'm not 100% sure you know who Basallo is.

He is a catcher.  He has to throw the ball literally 120 times a game. Almost everyday.  Granted it is a soft toss but still. I am actually surprised more catchers don't have arm issues.

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

He is a catcher.  He has to throw the ball literally 120 times a game. Almost everyday.  Granted it is a soft toss but still. I am actually surprised more catchers don't have arm issues.

And any 2B, 3B, SS is going to make dozens of full force throws during infield practice.

41 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Before the call up he was considered really mature for his age. Now he’s a mental case. Lol. Can’t make this stuff up. 

Who said he was a mental case.  Again the ability to of some of you to put words in my mouth, for like the 100th time now, is beyond reproach.

And then when I show you how I did not say anything that you claim I did....you just ignore it.

You guys straw man and gaslight and outright lie more than any girl I have dated, and that is saying something.

All I said was he is probably worn out, both mentally and physically, from having been groomed to play baseball and only baseball since he was a 3 year old.  He could probably use a little break.  That DOES NOT MEAN I think he is a mental case.  He is just a normal kid.

42 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

I am the most Interesting Man in the World.

Commercials were made about me

Happy?