Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

Seems Holliday will follow the Adley, Gunnar, and Colton trend of struggling upon call up.  I wish we didn’t have to endure this but the good news is that it seems to all work out in the end. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

We have a lot of psychologists on this board. Every time someone struggles it has to be because they're nervous or pressing or not taking it seriously. It can never be that MLB is hard.

Matt Holliday said while being interviewed during the game that he thought Jackson was pressing.

But I agree, the main reason for his struggles right now is that MLB is hard and there will be an adjustment period. 

I don't have any long term concerns based on this.

But I will say, it's about as bad as I've seen a highly-ranked player ever look in his first few games. 0/11 with 7 K's, four weak grounders, and no walks or hard foul balls either. He's had some good takes with 2 strikes but that's about the best you can say. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Matt Holliday said while being interviewed during the game that he thought Jackson was pressing.

But I agree, the main reason for his struggles right now is that MLB is hard and there will be an adjustment period. 

What does he know? :D

This pressing/nervous BS started after his first AB on Wednesday. He very well could be now, but he wasn't then. I'm sure he wants to get this first hit BS over with.

To be clear I was not at all criticizing Jackson or saying he can't handle pressure, but he's not a super human. I just think he should be left to do his thing. He's a kid. 

I guess the post is a little emotional and unpopular so I'll delete it.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Have you ever played a sport at a high level? I'm gonna guess you haven't and I'm not saying this to facetious. If you had, I don't think you would feel this way at all.

No I haven't. Look I didn't think it would be that controversial of a take. I was frustrated and looking for ways the pressure could be decreased for the guy, that's all. My bad! At ease everyone lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

I think Dad needs to back away. Way too many interviews and comparisons and it’s putting that much more pressure on the kid. 

That's all I'm saying. He was an insanely good baseball player. The kid is wearing his number. It's a lot. That's all. Very good chance Holliday doesn't care in the least, but you never know. 

17 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

What I heard Matt say he's being pitched tough and has faced some very good pitchers. Baseball is hard, and Holliday has never really failed at it. He'll adjust.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Seems Holliday will follow the Adley, Gunnar, and Colton trend of struggling upon call up.  I wish we didn’t have to endure this but the good news is that it seems to all work out in the end. 

They all can't be Curtis Goodwin