Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

He and Cowser were hanging out signing the inside of the monster before the game, and he knows all these guys because they come to his Dad's insane baseball compound. I wouldn't worry about it. It'll take some time. 

I'm sure he'll be fine, it just made for an interesting contrast watching Gunnar, Westburg, and Cowser? (I think that was the third person) stretching together and joking around while Jackson was 15 ft off to the side by himself (after they all ran out of the dugout at the same time). Probably nothing.

40 minutes ago, deward said:

Watching him from the stands last night, he definitely looked tense. One thing that jumped out at both my wife and I, during pre-game stretches, he was mostly off by himself while the other infielders were chatting with each other. Maybe that's just how he likes to do things, but the impression that we got was that he's still on the outside looking in when it comes to bonding with the team. I was hoping to see a little more signs of someone like Gunnar taking him under his wing. I might be over-analyzing it, but the whole game he came off as nervous and awkward. Even on his high-five with Gunnar after the HR in the 10th. Hopefully things will loosen up a bit after he gets a couple of hits and feels like he's contributing. 

That's been my impression of him too from the MiLB times I've seen him.  He seems a bit more shy/aloof.  Not the center of attention extrovert type like the crew ahead of him (Adley, Westburg, Cowser, evem Hunnar).  Nothing wrong with it either.  One can hope it means he won't seek out a large market team...

Though the relational dynamics in the minors that can be a bit more 'stars' and 'scrubs' if that's how one views things...

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I do wonder if Jackson's going to get an invite to live at the house with all the guys.

Not sure if that is a spring training only thing, or if they also share a roof here in town.

Likely depends on if his wife is going to live with him, I suspect.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I can't imagine he'd live separately from his wife.

I'm not sure if she has a career in OK. I'd bet he'd have his own place in any event because she will at worst be visiting...a lot.

Does Jackson profile as a pull-heavy hitter or more of an all-fields guy? In my head he was more all-fields because of his high batting average potential, but his swing this week and in spring training looks more pull-focused to me. 

1 hour ago, deward said:

I'm sure he'll be fine, it just made for an interesting contrast watching Gunnar, Westburg, and Cowser? (I think that was the third person) stretching together and joking around while Jackson was 15 ft off to the side by himself (after they all ran out of the dugout at the same time). Probably nothing.

I was sitting behind the dugout last night. I can’t figure out how to post a photo from my phone but I had multiple shots of Henderson and Holliday standing side by side on the dugout rail while the Os were batting, talking. His other visible interactions also seemed normal to me. Plus the video of him in the wall with Cowser. Remember he was teammates when Cowser on the AAA championship team last fall, so he at least already knows him a bit. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I was sitting behind the dugout last night. I can’t figure out how to post a photo from my phone but I had multiple shots of Henderson and Holliday standing side by side on the dugout rail while the Os were batting, talking. His other visible interactions also seemed normal to me. Plus the video of him in the wall with Cowser. Remember he was teammates when Cowser on the AAA championship team last fall, so he at least already knows him a bit. 

Use this site, I just had to figure this out myself. I had to convert my photo, so you may need to use cloudconvert too. Actually, this type of thing would be a good pin topic. My steps were to email the photo to myself, convert the photo to the appropriate file type (JPG?), and then create the URL in the IM.GE site.

IM.GE - Free Image Hosting - Upload Image & Share

CloudConvert

It's an interesting range of personalities from the young core. It's really something to witness them all together and figuring out how to mesh and win games. I love this era of baseball where stuff like hazing just seems kind of dumb and dated now, and it's all about welcoming the next guy and fostering a positive vibe. But all these guys also work ridiculously hard at improving. It's impressive. 

32 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's an interesting range of personalities from the young core. It's really something to witness them all together and figuring out how to mesh and win games. I love this era of baseball where stuff like hazing just seems kind of dumb and dated now, and it's all about welcoming the next guy and fostering a positive vibe. But all these guys also work ridiculously hard at improving. It's impressive. 

Burnes said on FT today that he didn't sing on the bus last night because it was too late. He will on the next road trip. But he did say Holliday owes the bullpen catcher some scratch because he lost a state capital game against him. Then made a little fun of him since he just graduated HS and should know state capitals.

Edited by spleen1015

4 hours ago, Malike said:

Likely depends on if his wife is going to live with him, I suspect.

From what I've read, his wife will be going with him wherever he goes. So I absolutely expect that she will be living with him.

8 hours ago, Malike said:

I'm not sure if she has a career in OK. I'd bet he'd have his own place in any event because she will at worst be visiting...a lot.

She lived with him in Norfolk. My wife saw them at the Cavalier (a hotel at the end of the boardwalk in VA beach).

Edited by Sydnor
  • Upvote 1

Disappointing start to his career to put it lightly, but he’ll be fine. I didn’t get to watch the game tonight, but in the previous games he’s looked completely overwhelmed and judging the 3 Ks tonight, I imagine it was more of the same. Hopefully he gets the first one out of the way soon, I can’t imagine the pressure he is feeling. Extremely young, highly touted, straight to a playoff caliber team, son of a well known player…I don’t doubt that the struggles are in his head right now. But good lord, what a train wreck these first 3 games have been.