Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's time for Dad and the family to kindly piss off back home now. Holliday had his all star dad right behind him for three games and HOF Cal in the other front row behind him tonight.  

Enough with the pageantry. Just let the kid play now and be with his team. Now he's under pressure to get a hit for his family who hasn't had a reason to cheer for 3 games. The pressure will only build now. Go home Matt.

What is it to you? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's time for Dad and the family to kindly piss off back home now. Holliday had his all star dad right behind him for three games and HOF Cal in the other front row behind him tonight.  

Enough with the pageantry. Just let the kid play now and be with his team. Now he's under pressure to get a hit for his family who hasn't had a reason to cheer for 3 games. The pressure will only build now. Go home Matt.

Crappy post. Your opinion should piss off. What a total a-hole take. 

Just now, interloper said:

Not sure why you are offended. You don't think this is unneeded extra pressure for the kid? 

I would think he wants to be surrounded by family who have been with him through every stage of his journey.

But you keep being you. 

4 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I would think he wants to be surrounded by family who have been with him through every stage of his journey.

But you keep being you. 

We of course will never know. I think that's fine for a game or two, but at least go sit farther up at some point so he doesn't feel you breathing down his neck. Front row 3 games? I dunno man. It's just my opinion that it's not helping him. I don't mean to cause offense. I'm just frustrated. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

We of course will never know. I think that's fine for a game or two, but at least go sit farther up at some point so he doesn't feel you breathing down his neck. Front row 3 games? I dunno man. It's just my opinion that it's not helping him. I don't mean to cause offense. I'm just frustrated. 

Your opinion is yours and valued. But cut the kid (and his family) some slack dude. 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not sure why you are offended. You don't think this is unneeded extra pressure for the kid? 

No. I think it’s natural for a kids family to want to see his first few games. 

You mean to tell me that Jackson Holliday wouldn’t feel as much pressure without his family in the stands and already have a couple hits?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

No. I think it’s natural for a kids family to want to see his first few games. 

You mean to tell me that Jackson Holliday wouldn’t feel as much pressure without his family in the stands and already have a couple hits?

Exactly. Who cares who is sitting in the stands?

@interloper if you don't want to see them in the stands, just follow along on Gameday

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

It’s offensive and stupid. You are playing arm chair psychologist with a sprinkle of a-hole. If you don’t see why your post is crappy then you need to take a long look in the mirror. 

If I told your family to piss off while important stuff was happening in your life you would find it offensive. Or at least should. Don’t be a d*ck about someone’s family. And if you make crappy posts about someone’s family you should expect some push back. 

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

Have you ever played a sport at a high level? I'm gonna guess you haven't and I'm not saying this to facetious. If you had, I don't think you would feel this way at all.

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

It’s offensive and stupid. You are playing arm chair psychologist with a sprinkle of a-hole. If you don’t see why your post is crappy then you need to take a long look in the mirror. 

If I told your family to piss off while important stuff was happening in your life you would find it offensive. Or at least should. Don’t be a d*ck about someone’s family. And if you make crappy posts about someone’s family you should expect some push back. 

We have a lot of psychologists on this board. Every time someone struggles it has to be because they're nervous or pressing or not taking it seriously. It can never be that MLB is hard.

• Upvote 1