Teheran opts out

11 minutes ago, justD said:

I prefer not to have anyone tell me what's motivating my opinions.  

My preference of Teheran over Irvin is based on my own distaste for Irvin, never have liked him and unless he changes significantly, never will.  Based on what I've seen of him over the past seasons. 

Does my opinion not match yours?  Fine, but please refrain from telling me why I feel the way I do. 

You literally said “after seeing Teheran yesterday”.   He accused you of recency bias.   Seems fair to me.   If Teheran stunk yesterday  would you still be saying you wanted him over Irvin?

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You literally said “after seeing Teheran yesterday”.   He accused you of recency bias.   Seems fair to me.   If Teheran stunk yesterday  would you still be saying you wanted him over Irvin?

Fair enough about Teheran.   However, the majority of his reply was about Irvin, leading me to believe he was questioning my opinion of Irvin, not Teheran.  Hence my reply. 

6 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I just find it hilarious that everyone was raving about Irvin early on and now everyone can’t wait for him to be out of the rotation. All because of like 20 innings that don’t matter. 

I don’t want him out of the rotation.  I find his last two starts and the amount of walks concerning.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t want him out of the rotation.  I find his last two starts and the amount of walks concerning.

It’s always possible he could bomb spectacularly, but I will put more stock in his 3.25 ERA since his April demotion last year than a couple spring games. 

5 minutes ago, dystopia said:

It’s always possible he could bomb spectacularly, but I will put more stock in his 3.25 ERA since his April demotion last year than a couple spring games. 

Sounds good.  My concerns were mostly that Irvin, GRod, and Perez don’t seem poised for good starts, which is what happened with all three last year.  Hoping to see GRod look better today and hoping Irvin and Perez get off to good starts as well.

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sounds good.  My concerns were mostly that Irvin, GRod, and Perez don’t seem poised for good starts, which is what happened with all three last year.  Hoping to see GRod look better today and hoping Irvin and Perez get off to good starts as well.

Fair. 

G-Rod didn't have a great first inning but lucked out on the strong relay home. That 3.55 ERA he has this spring is super lucky. 

37 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Fair. 

G-Rod didn't have a great first inning but lucked out on the strong relay home. That 3.55 ERA he has this spring is super lucky. 

Looking better each inning.  I think this start is very encouraging thru 3 innings.

I thought he’d go 5 but Irvin just came in.  Let’s see how he looks.

Edited by RZNJ

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Looking better each inning.  I think this start is very encouraging thru 3 innings.

Taken out after 50 pitches is concerning. If he gets injured on the last game of spring my head will explode.

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Umm... not great.  Double, walk, single with a few ground outs.

Edited by Ripken
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jagwar said:

I think you could be right, and that frustrates me. I think we've seen everything we're going to see from McKenna, and his value is so much tilted towards defense. 

Stowers and Kjerstad may not have the defensive strength and flexibility of McKenna, but my guess is that we would get more aggregate WAR out of them.

They don’t want another lefty OF right now.  

39 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Pretty shocking we have a backlog of lefty OF after drafting nothing but lefty OF.

They probably weren’t counting on such a high percentage panning out, at least at the high minors level.  Good problem to have.