Cole Irvin 2024

Just Regular

9 hours ago, bpilktree said:

The bullpen and starters have almost identical ERA I’d you take out Heasley’s disaster against Milwaukee.  

The bullpen should have a lower ERA than the starters.  Last year starters had a 4.45 ERA league wide and reliever had a 4.17 ERA.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

I think there was a thread about this yesterday morning. Not sure what happened to it. I was called an idiot for saying Irvin should stay in the rotation over Means, because he’s the better pitcher of the two right now.

It is a tough decision because Irvin has shown he can also do well out of the pen, where as Means hasn’t. I think it will work itself out even if the initial decision doesn’t end up being the best one.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

I think there was a thread about this yesterday morning. Not sure what happened to it. I was called an idiot for saying Irvin should stay in the rotation over Means, because he’s the better pitcher of the two right now.

I started that thread and deleted it.   The thread was not about who should or shouldn’t be in the rotation.   It was a HYPOTHETICAL about who people would want in the bullpen IF Bradish and Means were inserted  into the rotation AND IF Wells and Perez were activated.

I laid out the rules of the hypothetical and twice explained to just make the choices based on the hypothetical.  4 posters responded.  3 have no clue what “hypothetical” means, including you.

The fact that you think the thread was about who should be in the rotation justifies what I called you.  LOL

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I started that thread and deleted it.   The thread was not about who should or shouldn’t be in the rotation.   It was a HYPOTHETICAL about who people would want in the bullpen IF Bradish and Means were inserted  into the rotation AND IF Wells and Perez were activated.

I laid out the rules of the hypothetical and twice explained to just make the choices based on the hypothetical.  4 posters responded.  3 have no clue what “hypothetical” means, including you.

The fact that you think the thread was about who should be in the rotation justifies what I called you.  LOL

Maybe it was just a stupid thread and nobody wanted to play your stupid game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Irvin’s ability to go deep and save the bullpen is a very important thing to consider.  Slide Suarez to the bullpen.  Right now with the way Maine is pitching in the minors, he is behind Cole until he shows better results.  

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Maybe it was just a stupid thread and nobody wanted to play your stupid game.

Anyone who didn’t want to participate didn’t have to.

I wish posters with an IQ under 80 had a special emoticon next to their handle so the rest of us could be kinder to them.   

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Irvin’s ability to go deep and save the bullpen is a very important thing to consider.  Slide Suarez to the bullpen.  Right now with the way Maine is pitching in the minors, he is behind Cole until he shows better results.  

John Maine is making a comeback?   How old is he?

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Anyone who didn’t want to participate didn’t have to.

I wish posters with an IQ under 80 had a special emoticon next to their handle so the rest of us could be kinder to them.   

Maybe you should make a thread to discuss that. You can even make rules that people have to follow. And then cry about when they don’t follow your thread rules. And then delete the thread.

Edit: Deleting calling you “Bitch Boy” so I don’t get put in timeout again.

Edited by DirtyBird
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Maybe you should make a thread to discuss that. You can even make rules that people have to follow. And then cry about when they don’t follow your thread rules. And then delete the thread. Bitch boy.

Have a nice day, Birdbrain!   I will be kinder to you in the future.

The disrespect Os fans have for Irvin is head scratching to me.

I’m not taking him out of the rotation right now. Suarez is a great story but he’s not the established starter that Irvin is.

I’m also not convinced that you have to put Means in the rotation. He hasn’t been that good in AAA. You can ease him into things by putting him in the pen.  

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I hope your day sucks

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I hope your day sucks

I don’t know.  Gonna be in the 70’s.  Watch a little O’s baseball, take a drive to the marina, have a nice dinner, read some of Birdbrains classically wrong posts for some laughs.  I’m optimistic but I’ll let you know how it turns out.

11 hours ago, bpilktree said:

The bullpen and starters have almost identical ERA I’d you take out Heasley’s disaster against Milwaukee.  

1.  You don’t get to cherry pick like that.  Should we take out the worst start of the year while we’re at it?

2.  The fact that our starters are 4th in IP/start means that our bullpen is carrying a lighter load than most teams’, so their ERA should be helped by that compared to other teams.  Yet, the starters are 9th in MLB in ERA while the bullpen is 16th.   

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The disrespect Os fans have for Irvin is head scratching to me.

I’m not taking him out of the rotation right now. Suarez is a great story but he’s not the established starter that Irvin is.

I’m also not convinced that you have to put Means in the rotation. He hasn’t been that good in AAA. You can ease him into things by putting him in the pen.  

Im very happy to have guys like Wells and Irvin on this team for depth.  We will likely need more than 5 or 6 starters. But relying on them to start entering the year is absolutely dumb. I don’t even care if by some miracle it works out..it’s still dumb.  Jumping off a building and living doesn’t mean you have proven that it’s a smart thing to do.