2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

The pitcher news is the takeaway for me....it looks like Cole Irvin is being bypassed.

Yes, Irvin is available in the bullpen tonight.

I doubt O'Hearn sees many balls in RF. They were pulling Means' fastball to LF in his last start and O'Hearn was out there IIRC. Luckily, most of the balls left the yard over his head so he didn't have to make any plays.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Has someone said that, or is this just trying to bat as many lefties as possible against a tough RHP?

Hyde did say after the game on Wednesday that it was still lingering that's why he pinch ran for him.

38 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I want to like this lineup when I see the names but then I realize that half of these guys are cold and Stowers is a K machine.

Yeah, but, they can't stay cold forever can they?

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Hyde did say after the game on Wednesday that it was still lingering that's why he pinch ran for him.

Yes, but he also said he hoped Hays would be ready after the off day.  So it’s unclear if Hays still isn’t ready, or if it’s just a matchup thing.  Last year Miller fared much better vs. RHB than LHB, this year, he actually has mild reverse splits so far.  

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

You have a weak outfeild defense with an extreme fly ball pitcher on the mound. That ain't gonna go well. 

It will go fine if the ball leaves the yard like his last start.

24 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Hays in left and Cedric in center...

I like it.  With a resurgent Hays and Cowser, it could be our best lineup in a while.  Hopefully the results will match.  Defense should be top notch other than O'Hearn at 1B.

28 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Hays in left and Cedric in center...

It's hard to hit your way out of a slump when you are on the bench. Mullins is going to get chances, I don't believe he's completely cooked.

58 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's hard to hit your way out of a slump when you are on the bench. Mullins is going to get chances, I don't believe he's completely cooked.

Mullins is going to get the majority of the starts until the All-Star Break to get him to turn it around.  They are a better team with him in CF and he is just hitting in the mid 200’s.  If he continues to struggle then they may have to make some changes.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I hadn't read that, but it seems we are thinking similar things. 😃  
    • So true, I also love that surprisingly often you see a play that you've never seen before.
    • Exactly right. In the playoffs this would be all you need starting wise, if the bullpen gets fixed.
    • His sophomore year was a disaster, had nagging injuries and didnt pitch well at all. When the season was over Liberty sent him to a training program in Utah. I will not get into why he didn't play his junior season but it's nothing to worry about. We took care or him in HS and travel never threw to many innings.
    • If there is a way to get him work in the minors, then yes....perhaps a "mental health" injury stint.
    • It's been a couple months, let's check in on where things sit. Tony's ranking in parentheses: Locks: 1. Coby Mayo (3) - Stud. He won't need to wait till the winter. 2. Cade Povich (5) - Bad start last night but 3.85 xFIP in AAA this year, he's looked really good. 3. Chayce McDermott (8): 14.36 K/9 in Norfolk but 5.74 BB/9 too.  4. Connor Norby (10): .386 wOBA, .309 xwOBA this year - I'm not a fan but he still gets added More Likely Than Not: 5. Brandon Young (26): The move to Norfolk proves they think he's for real. He has the best xFIP in the org (2.17) He hasn't thrown 5 innings in an outing yet though. They're still being cautious with him. 6. Kade Strowd (20): 2.88 xFIP and got bumped to Norfolk. He has a real shot to get added. He could be bullpen depth this year even. Other Names to Watch: Trey McGough - LHP, got bumped to Norfolk. 3.78 xFIP there so far. Luis Gonzalez - 32 year old Mexican league find like Suarez, Cesar Valdez, Miguel Gonzalez, but he'll get a cup of coffee this year the way he's pitching. 3.43 xFIP in 22 IP inNorfolk. Maverick Handley - .246/.357/.396 in Norfolk and reportedly has a strong arm. Do they trade for Blake Hunt if they like Handley to replace McCann next year?  Nick Richmond - Strong numbers in Bowie to start the year, 3.34 xFIP Eligible, but Not Playing Well Enough for Consideration: Hudson Haskin, Billy Cook, Justin Armbreuster, Keagan Gillies, John Rhodes, Carter Baumler, Kyle Brnovich, Moises Chace, Wandisson Charles, Carlos Tavera
    • Elias has so many factors to contemplate in consideration of trade acquisitions.  Among them is how he foresees the 2025 roster (and beyond) and whether trading a player or prospect away will affect that roster.  Luzardo would fit in very well, as we'd have him this year and two more, helping to offset the loss of Burnes after this season. Is it potentially worth losing six years of control of multiple prospects?  It was worth losing Ortiz and Hall and all their years of control for one season of Burnes.  Such considerations make for an interesting aspect of determining who to target and knowing what your max offer would be.  Being on the same page with the other team's GM may still find you on the outside looking in if another team ups their offer enough to outbid you. I'd be in heaven to be able to be with Elias as he has these conversations and to see how he views things. 
  • Popular Contributors