2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

36 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Crappy lineup .. Hays, Mateo, Cowser and McCann 🤮

I simply don't get the hate when Hays is in the lineup vs a lefthanded pitcher.   He is one of our best hitters vs LHP.   

• Upvote 2

After the YES guys told us that Stroman is a GB pitcher and the Rays are GB hitters, leadoff HR off Stroman followed by three fly balls/line drives to the OFs. Stroman sinker not sinking, it appears.

NYYs loaded the bases with one out, didn't score. :newcry:  1-0 TB after the first.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I simply don't get the hate when Hays is in the lineup vs a lefthanded pitcher.   He is one of our best hitters vs LHP.   

I think his RH bat vs Leftys makes him an asset right now. Although I believe Mayo could replace that production 

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, what could possibly be the basis on which Hays (.788 career OPS vs LHPs) should play against lefties over the likes of O’Hearn (.543), Mullins (.661), or Cowser (.664)?

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

I think his RH bat vs Leftys makes him an asset right now. Although I believe Mayo could replace that production 

I absolutely agree Mayo could replace Hays offensive production.   But probably not his OF defense.  

But we have other guys Mayo could improve on, such as Urias.   Can't believe Mayo won't be up soon.

Zero mention of Ramon tonight on the broadcast, no shots of him in the dugout. Wagner spent a whole 5 minutes talking about Gunnar being a late addition to the lineup and Westburg taking grounders at 3rd before the game WITHOUT somehow ever mentioning Urias. 

Really bizarre. Or just terrible broadcasting.

Edited by interloper

15 minutes ago, interloper said:

Zero mention of Ramon tonight on the broadcast, no shots of him in the dugout. Wagner spent a whole 5 minutes talking about Gunnar being a late addition to the lineup and Westburg taking grounders at 3rd before the game WITHOUT somehow ever mentioning Urias. 

Really bizarre. Or just terrible broadcasting.

This was baffling to me too. Several mentions of Gunnar getting the “emergency start,” but absolutely no reference to what the “emergency” consisted of.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This was baffling to me too. Several mentions of Gunnar getting the “emergency start,” but absolutely no reference to what the “emergency” consisted of.

Or just even basic info like who he subbed in for. Bizarre.

39 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Hearing rumors that Urias was traded and Mayo will replace hom

I do expect him to be traded soon.  The Braves lost Albies with what sounds like a broken wrist today and are very thin at 2nd so could be option for them.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well, no one is calling him a total bust.    Nice try.
    • Or leave a gap of three cars in front of them in a LH turn lane resulting in the people behind them not even being able to get in the LH turn lane
    • The Rays arrive to start a 10-game roadtrip off a 2-2 split with Minnesota, as Pablo Lopez beat Taj Bradley in the finale, costing them a chance to tie the Red Sox for 3rd place.   Bradley threw a good game, so the bullpen is in good order, though they are in closer by committee role with Fairbanks on the IL. AL Active Roster K-bb standing at 40 innings as SP, a batch of 68 this morning. (51) Kremer v. (58) Baz (20) Eflin v. (24) Pepiot (29) Burnes v. (34) Littell Baz is fundamentally Grayson Rodriguez on draft pedigree, now about 2 years past his TJ procedure.    He still hasn't put it all back together, and he's an important player for how good TBR can be the next couple years, same as Grayson with us. Some of Pepiot's changeup metrics are excellent, a challenge for Cowser as he tries to outplay Austin Wells and the Rookie of the Year field with 3.5 weeks to go. Burnes is working on not letting his overall track record get goofed up further, though I'm sure his agent is smiling at stuff like it randomly taking Blake Snell 42 pitches to complete an inning, and oops there's a 1-inning start for your club's bullpen.    His guy never does that. It was cool seeing Junior Caminero tear up at getting to take the field with his childhood idol Manny Machado.    Also makes me feel old.    ESPN Kiley wrote the other day he momentarily gives TBR the "#1 farm system" by his rankings, with Holliday graduated.    Caminero is at 110 AB's and should graduate himself next week - congrats Rays on the momentary distinction. Yandy and Caminero, 12 years apart in Age, are the two hottest bats.    It is favorable for us Yandy isn't a Yankee or Astro right now. Watching Elias' Orioles for clues any ways they are different than the Rays he lavishly praised coming into the AL East, one appears to be the club's willingness to pay Zach Eflin 1/18 on a 1-year term.   Next season we'll see how strongly Shane McClanahan returns to boost his expected Arb earnings and oncoming trade out of Tampa date.    Jackson Baumeister had another big game last night.
    • Definitely a total bust.  Not sure if he should even come back next year.
    • got Seth Johnson (injured at the time and years away for 0 ( trey Mancini ) and chase for 225,000 bonus money, basically an Oriole first because ME first year. Thats why you acquire minor league assets, to either feed the ML team or trade assets.
    • Refs are getting universally crushed by everyone. They just didn’t call things the same for both sides.
    • The second one.  Or stopped at a red light and only put their blinker on when the light turns green.  Or swing out to the right to make a left turn.   
  • Popular Contributors