2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

36 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Crappy lineup .. Hays, Mateo, Cowser and McCann 🤮

I simply don't get the hate when Hays is in the lineup vs a lefthanded pitcher.   He is one of our best hitters vs LHP.   

• Upvote 2

After the YES guys told us that Stroman is a GB pitcher and the Rays are GB hitters, leadoff HR off Stroman followed by three fly balls/line drives to the OFs. Stroman sinker not sinking, it appears.

NYYs loaded the bases with one out, didn't score. :newcry:  1-0 TB after the first.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I simply don't get the hate when Hays is in the lineup vs a lefthanded pitcher.   He is one of our best hitters vs LHP.   

I think his RH bat vs Leftys makes him an asset right now. Although I believe Mayo could replace that production 

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, what could possibly be the basis on which Hays (.788 career OPS vs LHPs) should play against lefties over the likes of O’Hearn (.543), Mullins (.661), or Cowser (.664)?

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

I think his RH bat vs Leftys makes him an asset right now. Although I believe Mayo could replace that production 

I absolutely agree Mayo could replace Hays offensive production.   But probably not his OF defense.  

But we have other guys Mayo could improve on, such as Urias.   Can't believe Mayo won't be up soon.

Zero mention of Ramon tonight on the broadcast, no shots of him in the dugout. Wagner spent a whole 5 minutes talking about Gunnar being a late addition to the lineup and Westburg taking grounders at 3rd before the game WITHOUT somehow ever mentioning Urias. 

Really bizarre. Or just terrible broadcasting.

Edited by interloper

15 minutes ago, interloper said:

Zero mention of Ramon tonight on the broadcast, no shots of him in the dugout. Wagner spent a whole 5 minutes talking about Gunnar being a late addition to the lineup and Westburg taking grounders at 3rd before the game WITHOUT somehow ever mentioning Urias. 

Really bizarre. Or just terrible broadcasting.

This was baffling to me too. Several mentions of Gunnar getting the “emergency start,” but absolutely no reference to what the “emergency” consisted of.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This was baffling to me too. Several mentions of Gunnar getting the “emergency start,” but absolutely no reference to what the “emergency” consisted of.

Or just even basic info like who he subbed in for. Bizarre.

39 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Hearing rumors that Urias was traded and Mayo will replace hom

I do expect him to be traded soon.  The Braves lost Albies with what sounds like a broken wrist today and are very thin at 2nd so could be option for them.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I find it interesting that the Phillies took the training wheels off Seth Johnson and Moises Chace and they've flourished. The Orioles never allowed Johnson to throw more than 69 pitches in an outing. With the Phillies he threw 68, 76, 84, 98, 82 before getting promoted to the big leagues. They did the same with Chace who threw a season high 77 pitches in April with the Orioles, but since June was neve allowed to pitch more than 59 pitches in a start. With the Phillies is thrown 65, 86, 89, 89, 81. In his three Double-A starts with pitch counts all over 80, he's held batters to a .137/.214/.216/.430 with 29K and just 5 walks in 15.2 innings. Maybe, just maybe, keeping pitchers on tight pitch counts and not being aggressive with promotions when they're doing well is not the best way to produce major league pitching?    
    • I’m with you here. We have been struggling to develop arms for bullpen or rotation and it would hurt a bit to see these two be quality arms for Philly. They’re off to a good start. Hopefully Soto can settle in to being a backend guy for us this year or next. 
    • His first 3 innings looked pretty sharp, but then yeah, wheels kinda fell off. He could emergency start, but that's probably about it. 
    • I just started a similar thread, which I’ve deleted when I saw this one.  Here’s my post from that thread, perhaps partially redundant of @Just Regular’s OP. Here comes our last series with the Rays, who the O’s have dominated 8-2 so far this season, outscoring them 52-25 in the ten games.  The Rays enter the series at 69-70 and have hovered around .500 practically all year. The apparent pitching matchups are: Dean Kremer (6-9, 4.51 ERA) vs. Shane Baz (2-2, 3.49).  Kremer, who avoided an IL stint after being lit on the forearm with a line drive in his last start, hasn’t faced the Rays this year; in 6 career starts against them, he’s 1-1 with a 2.79 ERA.   Baz, who returned from TJ surgery about two months ago, has only faced the Orioles once, throwing 6 shutout innings against them in 2022.    Zach Eflin (10-7, 3.60 overall; 5-0, 1.95 as an Oriole) vs. Ryan Pepiot (7-6, 3.76).  Eflin, the former Ray, shut out his former teammates for 7 innings on August 9.   Pepiot lost to the O’s on June 10, allowing 4 ER in 6 IP.  He has a 2.40 ERA over his last 8 starts. Corbin Burnes (13-7, 3.19) vs. Zack Littell (5-9, 4.04).  Burnes has two quality starts vs. Tampa this year, allowing 2 unearned runs in 7 IP on June 10 and 3 ER in 6 IP on August 10, the only quality start he’s had since July.  Littell has seen the Oriole 3 times this year, allowing 3 ER in 6 IP on both June 2 and June 9, and 3 runs (1 ER) in 5 IP on August 9.    The Rays’ bullpen ranks 8th in ERA at 3.79, while the Orioles rank 17th at 3.98.  Since the all star break, however, the Rays’ bullpen tops MLB at 2.73, while the O’s are 17th at 4.32.   So, advantage Rays in the late innings.    Offensively, the O’s rank 3rd in MLB at 5.01 runs per game and 1st in OPS+ at 118.   The Rays are 28th in R/G at 3.90 and 24th in OPS+ at 93.  Since the break, the Birds are at 5.17 R/G (7th) and .753 OPS (8th), while the Rays score 3.86 R/G (28th) and have a .660 OPS (28th).    The Rays can certainly pitch, and are throwing three credible starters at us this weekend.  Our offense has been kind of hit and miss lately, so it will be incumbent on our starters to dominate the Rays, as they’ve been able to do so far this season.  I see this as potentially a low-scoring series, and hopefully the O’s bats will do enough for the Birds to come out on top.  
    • Each State gets to tax on what was earned there.
    • I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with talking about, I just think trying to draw any sort of conclusion at all from his performance at this point is a bit DocJJ-esque.  No offense intended to the good doctor. Everyone knew he was a bit of a project.  
  • Popular Contributors