2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I'm not benching Urias. Urias is too valuable on defense. Holliday is a liability right now.

A very reasonable position.  I fully acknowledge that Holliday going in would be a reactionary move.  I just wonder if its time for that, given the do or die nature of this game.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

A very reasonable position.  I fully acknowledge that Holliday going in would be a reactionary move.  I just wonder if its time for that, given the do or die nature of this game.

Do or die game and your move is to play the guy who’s been awful In every facet of the game?

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Do or die game and your move is to play the guy who’s been awful In every facet of the game?

Yes, if you want to put it like that.  Not sure why you're so fired up about it.  For the record I don't actually make the lineup card....

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Do or die game, all the more reason to me to play your best 9. Holliday isn't one of those 9.

15 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Over Westburg would definitely be terrible, but I've seen no one mention that.

Over Urias is much more defensible because his hot streak really didn't continue after his injury.  And Holliday can and probably would be replaced easily by Urias or Rivera for D if (IF IF IF) we get a lead.

Urias was excellent at 3B yesterday. He hit .654 in 26 PA's after he came back but one of those was a high ev liner that unluckily bounced off the pitcher straight into the defense. If you give him that base hit, his OPS is .730. In July and August before the injury he was absolutely on fire. Holliday was lucky to make the team, let alone start a do or die game.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

It is time for that. They need to shake things up, Stacking the line up is the easiest way to do that. If you cant trust Holliday at 2nd for 1 or 2 Abs, why is he on the roster?

10 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yes, if you want to put it like that.  Not sure why you're so fired up about it.  For the record I don't actually make the lineup card....

I’m not fired up but if you make posts like that, you should expect people to respond with confusion. 

9 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

It is time for that. They need to shake things up, Stacking the line up is the easiest way to do that. If you cant trust Holliday at 2nd for 1 or 2 Abs, why is he on the roster?

We should really shake the lineup up and start all the bullpen guys in the field and put the regulars in the bullpen. 🙄

2 minutes ago, gamiliel said:

I guess it comes down to Adley. They have decided he is above the team and he better get a big hit of they won't win. Insane that Ohearn is not in the top 5, and Adley is.

Hyde likes to alternate handedness in the lineup.