Tyler Wells 2024

Jagwar

59 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Eh, Baumann just got to face more batters per inning given all the walks and hits he gave up.  Wells had K% of 25% vs. 22.3% for Bauman.  His ERA, FIP, xFIP, and SIERA were all better than Baumann.

Fair point, thanks for backing up your opinion with stats.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, interloper said:

Hey we'll take it. It means our pitching depth is that much better next year, even though he'll be out the first couple months.

Until he breaks down again

(ducks)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Early reports sound like internal brace, and procedure today 6.17.2024

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-tyler-wells-undergoes-internal-brace-procedure/

That's good. By the time he gets back he'll almost 31, so there's some age decline uncertainty to go with the health uncertainty.

I certainly won't be counting on him for anything. But you can hope 2 years of light workload (and a reinforced ligament) will rejuvenate him. 

37 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

That's good. By the time he gets back he'll almost 31, so there's some age decline uncertainty to go with the health uncertainty.

I certainly won't be counting on him for anything. But you can hope 2 years of light workload (and a reinforced ligament) will rejuvenate him. 

Could he be back by the start of next season? I’m not sure of the exact recovery time for this procedure but I know it’s less than TJS. 

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Could he be back by the start of next season? I’m not sure of the exact recovery time for this procedure but I know it’s less than TJS. 

Nevermind, should have clicked the link before posting. 

22 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Nevermind, should have clicked the link before posting. 

Oddly enough - that contradicts what I saw elsewhere. Normal TJ is like 12-13 month recovery and I feel like internal brace was closer to  months (below link for some evidence). Missing the first few months of next year (we are basically 3 months into this season) would suggest he’ll need at least 11 months to return, which doesn’t jive with it being a quicker recovery (or the timeline in the below article). 9 months from now, even being relatively conservative, puts him back in March. Especially if he’s coming back as a reliever and doesn’t have to build up as much, I would think he should be close to ready for opening day, if not fully ready 

https://www.armoredheat.com/armored-heat-blog/tommy-john-vs-ucl-repair

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I get your point, but the issue isn’t losing a few games, but that two of our pitchers(Suarez and Irwin) have apparently regressed to their mediocre mean, and are no longer dependable, leaving us with two useable starters and huge question marks in Kremer and Povich, AND still one short. The bullpen, despite lofty MLB Rankings, isn’t reliable, and we have nothing, nothing, in the minors. Will we pray that McDermott is the second coming of Nolan Ryan, who walked everyone in sight but was ok anyway? We have already lost 14-11 and 10-8. We have excellent offense, and can have better if Mike would end his love affair with Hays and Mullins, but Mike seems reluctant to make any major trades, and Burnes trade aside, that’s been his MO since we got over .500. The fear is that unless he does something significant, we will slowly sink. The question is whether Mike thinks we won’t sink enough to miss October.
    • I thought the 4-32 was 2008 so I went it looked it up, looks like that one was “only” 6-28 after being 62-65 on Aug 20. No shortage of late season collapses for this club. 
    • Other teams know exactly what we need. Mike does too. The idea he needs to wait another month to decide what he needs is pretty silly. And the idea that the price will be better a month from now instead of today is also pretty silly. The price will probably be higher, but it won’t be lower. waiting does nothing except minimize the impact of anyone we pickup.
    • The Orioles had clawed their way back to a .500 record preceding the 4-32 collapse in 2002. I went to the first game that kicked off the losing streak. Looking back at it now it was clearly fool's gold with that roster expecting them to be a good team. But after several down year's O's fans were hungry for a winning team. Little did we know the wait last another decade.
    • Understood, but I wasn’t referring to your comment, but to his. He failed to get anyone useful.
    • Yeah that was pretty epic, even for an already losing season. Or were they barely in contention? I conveniently can't remember. 2017? Nope, but that was pretty bad too. After a 7-game win streak to the end of August, they were 8 games back, but then lost 22 of 29 to finish 18 games out.
    • Westburg has the potential to have a Jeff Kent like career offensively with his ability shown so far to hit for good batting average and home run power.
  • Popular Contributors