Orioles attendance 2024

One of the biggest crowds of the year for a Monday--even exceeding the Yankees from 2 weeks ago. Good to see the fans support and first time I really noticed the crowd getting loud in the last innings at key moments. 

The LRT was packed before and after. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2024 at 11:26 PM, dzorange said:

Baltimore really hasn’t had many great draws so far. In one sense, the Yankees Monday through Thursday was great because they got decent crowds out of days that normally draw the worst crowds. But Oakland, Arizona, Seattle on the weekends is rough. Tampa is in a few weeks as well. You’re not getting out of towners for those.

I’m not expecting great attendance numbers for this upcoming week.

ESPN had announced crowd of 29,570 , How is that? The place looked less than half filled

6 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

ESPN had announced crowd of 29,570 , How is that? The place looked less than half filled

I think 3/4 of the field trip kids were playing on that indoor playground.  

18 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Most of the field trip groups were in the upper deck, including the sections in LF that are normally closed off.

Schedule starts to become conducive to increased attendance. You have Seattle the next 2 games(Sat and Sun), then the next 4 home stands( which brings us to All Star break) are as follows, week of Memorial day Boston and Tampa on the weekend, but with the holiday basically 4 weekend dates. Then Atlanta followed by Philly on the weekend, should be the best week of the year so far. Then a 7 game week of Cleveland with a 4 game weekend series against Texas. Finally The Cubs come to town followed by weekend against the  Yankees. Should be good.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2024 at 2:20 PM, Frobby said:

Through 20 home dates (Friday night’s game), attendance stood at 484,310, a 22.4% increase over last year’s 395,651.  If 22.4% held for the year, that would put attendance at 2.37 mm, a 400 k increase from last season.  

I think we might push it to close to 2.4 million this season or about 35% increase.  At least that is my hope.   We peaked at 2.46 in 2014 during that run.  That was also the last time we were over the AL average.  

Just now, bpilktree said:

I think we might push it to close to 2.4 million this season or about 35% increase.  At least that is my hope.   We peaked at 2.46 in 2014 during that run.  That was also the last time we were over the AL average.  

Should have said 25% increase.  

16 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Last nights large crowd pushed us past the Nats for the first time this season in per game attendance. I anticipate that will hold up the rest of the season. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

I think we will be judged on nights like tonight. Not the best weather, just had 40k fans the night before with giveaway. If we get close to 30K it would be a great night. 

On 5/17/2024 at 10:12 PM, Frobby said:

38,880 for 1954 replica jersey night.  Great crowd treated to a 9-2 win.  

I was back and forth on selling my tickets because I couldn’t find a second person to go, and my fiancée and I also had a lot to do for wedding prep.  In the morning i looked, and tickets in my section which is 80 were going for 15-18.  I listed around 3:30 and sold them for $44 each within 20 minutes, and sold my B/C permit for $40 as well.  

The demand on the secondary market is finally back as well.  

On 5/18/2024 at 9:19 AM, fansince1988 said:

Last nights large crowd pushed us past the Nats for the first time this season in per game attendance. I anticipate that will hold up the rest of the season. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

That's pretty impressive since there are a lot of businesses in DC that will have Nats season tickets regardless of the record.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

19,286 for that rain-delayed mess of a game.  I’d say about 2/3 of those stuck through the 3 hour delay and were in their seats at game time.  

Received my voucher email last night (they'll be in my account as of May 24).  There's no way they could've known I was there for the whole game, so it appears everyone who had a ticket for that game and a MyOriolesTicket account received a voucher. Pretty generous! 

Good for 2024, most M-Th games (select "blackout" dates excluded).  

• Upvote 1