Orioles attendance 2024

8 minutes ago, DenPA2002 said:

I'd say about 8-10%, of which 30% were AHs. lol

Did meet some nice people that drove 3 hours from Brooklyn with 2 little kids.   

How fast does a person have to drive to get here in 3 hours from Brooklyn? lol Must have been rolling and at like 2am. Plus with the 2 small children!! These people are candidates for fans of the year!!! LOL

17 minutes ago, Don_Aase_Fan said:

27,299 for today’s matinee, so 96,612 for the four game set. 

Will do my part by heading to the Yard next Friday for the first time this season - can’t wait! 

27k  for a weekday day game in early May is impressive.  Against the Yankees or not.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Through 20 home dates (Friday night’s game), attendance stood at 484,310, a 22.4% increase over last year’s 395,651.  If 22.4% held for the year, that would put attendance at 2.37 mm, a 400 k increase from last season.  

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Baltimore really hasn’t had many great draws so far. In one sense, the Yankees Monday through Thursday was great because they got decent crowds out of days that normally draw the worst crowds. But Oakland, Arizona, Seattle on the weekends is rough. Tampa is in a few weeks as well. You’re not getting out of towners for those.

I’m not expecting great attendance numbers for this upcoming week.

Edited by dzorange

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

The Mothers’ Day crowd was about 5,000 less than last year.  Maybe because some folks traveled from Pittsburgh last year.  

Somewhat perversely - I would argue the higher and more consistent attendance so far this year may hold down attendance at traditional high attendance games.  

For example if I’m a fan who traditionally went to 1 -2 games per year I’m prob going to pick Mother’s Day or some big giveaway.  

That same fan may have already gone to 2 games this year so they say - eh we’ve already been to a couple.  We have tickets for a few more - no urgency to go TODAY. 

1 hour ago, scottbbfm said:

Somewhat perversely - I would argue the higher and more consistent attendance so far this year may hold down attendance at traditional high attendance games.  

For example if I’m a fan who traditionally went to 1 -2 games per year I’m prob going to pick Mother’s Day or some big giveaway.  

That same fan may have already gone to 2 games this year so they say - eh we’ve already been to a couple.  We have tickets for a few more - no urgency to go TODAY. 

The Orioles changed their 13 game plans around some. Can no longer exchange every game if you desire. Can only move up to 50% which would be 6 games max.

That may be playing a role in leveling out the attendance some.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dzorange said:

Baltimore really hasn’t had many great draws so far. In one sense, the Yankees Monday through Thursday was great because they got decent crowds out of days that normally draw the worst crowds. But Oakland, Arizona, Seattle on the weekends is rough. Tampa is in a few weeks as well. You’re not getting out of towners for those.

I’m not expecting great attendance numbers for this upcoming week.

The Orioles are the draw! With a team this good, young, and exciting it really doesn't get much better than this.

• Upvote 2

A family member asked me back in April which games that I wanted to go to this season and which teams I wanted to come see. And I told that person, I good with seeing any game that the Orioles are playing. It’s a joy and very entertaining to watch us whip anybody! The Orioles have all the star power and excitement that I could ever have dreamed of!!