Orioles attendance 2024

I was at the Yard today (my first ball game attended for the year). And I turned to my dad and said looks like about 35,000. And it appears I was dead on.

Great crowd today, good atmosphere. Long lines to get inside the stadium. But once in all good. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Averaging 24,333 thru nine games. Should go down some eith the three game Twins series.

Sure, but that’s not really the  issue.  

Last year, our second weekday series drew a total of 38 k, with Boston in town.  So do the crowds exceed that for the Twins series, and if so, by how much?

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sure, but that’s not really the  issue.  

Last year, our second weekday series drew a total of 38 k, with Boston in town.  So do the crowds exceed that for the Twins series, and if so, by how much?

14,611 for Monday night against the Twins.  Should have near or above 50,000 for the series . Weather right now for Wednesday looks not great but probably get the game in. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

14,611 for Monday night against the Twins.  Should have near or above 50,000 for the series . Weather right now for Wednesday looks not great but probably get the game in. 

1:00 game, maybe they can have another 5 hour rain delay. 

• Upvote 1

Through 10 games, the O’s have drawn 233,811, compared to 216,213 last year, an 8.1% increase.  If that held all year, you’d expect attendance to fall just short of 2.1 mm this year.  That would be quite disappointing.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Through 10 games, the O’s have drawn 233,811, compared to 216,213 last year, an 8.1% increase.  If that held all year, you’d expect attendance to fall just short of 2.1 mm this year.  That would be quite disappointing.

Weather in the area has been bad this spring, to be fair. Literally hailed today, at least in D.C.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Based on tickets sold and some big promotions and always draw better afterApril, still think they end up above 2.2 and probably nearer to 2.3  Depends on weather,play of the team,etc. Have at least an extra 2 000  tickets sold pet game in different season plans. 

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Based on tickets sold and some big promotions and always draw better afterApril, still think they end up above 2.2 and probably nearer to 2.3  Depends on weather,play of the team,etc. Have at least an extra 2 000  tickets sold pet game in different season plans. 

2000 x 81 is 162,000 which would get them to almost exactly 2.1 mm.

i do think however that the March 30-31 games were impacted by spring break and Easter Sunday.  So I do think an 8.1% increase so far probably understates by a good bit the increase we’ll see going forward.