John Means 2024

Tony-OH

Just now, accinfo said:

Hyde just said Means had elbow discomfort.  That doesn’t sound good.  If it is severe it may be the last time we ever see  John Means as an Oriole.  I hope not.   

Yeah. Hard not to think along those lines. So much for a 6 man rotation. 

1 hour ago, Natty said:

I had hoped for the best. 

But who didn't see this coming?

I am still hoping for the best.

That’s pretty quick for a TJ surgery to fail, if it has.  

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s pretty quick for a TJ surgery to fail, if it has.  

It would be unusual, but it almost seems like Means' surgery has never "stuck."

He's been able to make a few starts and then experience elbow pain and require rest and rehab.

Let's all hope for the best.  But this is certainly ominous news.

28 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Best case scenario sounds like the IL.   Worst case is he’s done for the season.   It’s hard to imagine a 3rd scenario.

Well, the only third scenario is he takes his next turn in the rotation, so easy to imagine, but harder to imagine coming true.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Well, the only third scenario is he takes his next turn in the rotation, so easy to imagine, but harder to imagine coming true.

Eh, you didn’t know that’s what I meant?

I wouldn't think too much about it.  I have the same issue as Means PLUS a bone chip the size of a quarter in my elbow where the injury is.   It comes and goes as far as pain.  First suffered the injury 2 years ago.  Never had surgery. 

For example the other day I was pounding a nail with a hammer and my elbow had a shot of massive pain.  Lasted about 2 weeks.   In the meantime I played tennis 4 days and bowled 30 games and averaged 225.

At some point you just get used to the pain. 

All I can think of to be optimistic is that he didn't come out in the middle of an inning. So nothing popped or anything like that, and whatever it was he tried to pitch through it. Knock on wood, could be stiffness or inflammation.