John Means 2024

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

How much longer can he pitch in AAA on rehab without having to be called up? That is seriously depressing.

Until April 30.  Only time for two more outings.  They have the option of putting him back on the IL, as they did with Tate last year.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Until April 30.  Only time for two more outings.  They have the option of putting him back on the IL, as they did with Tate last year.  

Assuming they can make a case that he's injured.

Not being good isn't justification for an IL stint.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Assuming they can make a case that he's injured.

Not being good isn't justification for an IL stint.

I’m expecting they’ll be able to make the case.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

You sure love IL conspiracy theories. 😉

Just not being good isn't cause for an IL stint.

I'm not suggesting it's hard to find some reason but you can't just say "He can't get minor league guys out" and IL a guy.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just not being good isn't cause for an IL stint.

I'm not suggesting it's hard to find some reason but you can't just say "He can't get minor league guys out" and IL a guy.

By the way, Means has options, which could be exercised if the IL is unavailable.  That would require Means’ consent as a guy with 5 years of service, but he’d be foolish not to give his consent if he’s pitching like this in his next two starts.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Oi.  .1 IP 5H 5 ER 1BB 2 HR

Not good. It's probably too early, but Elias should be looking to acquire a starting pitcher when trade season starts to heat up. Bradish is looking fine, but I'd rather see Irvin in the bullpen. Same for Wells assuming his current injury doesn't linger too long.

• Upvote 1

Can someone remind me whether his current injury is elbow-related (i.e. he hasn't recovered from or has relapsed from TJS) or is it something else?

It's sad to think that this might be the end of the line for Means.  He was the main bright spot on the team during the dark days and he deserves to be here for the good times.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Can someone remind me whether his current injury is elbow-related (i.e. he hasn't recovered from or has relapsed from TJS) or is it something else?

It's sad to think that this might be the end of the line for Means.  He was the main bright spot on the team during the dark days and he deserves to be here for the good times.  

According to this it's elbow related.

https://www.rotoballer.com/fantasy-baseball-injury-updates-for-mlb-pitchers-april-12-2024/1349746#John_Means_Injury_Update

Baltimore Orioles starting pitcher John Means (elbow) gave up two runs in three innings in Thursday's rehab start with Triple-A Norfolk, allowing two hits and two walks while fanning three. Means allowed one run in three innings in his last rehab appearance after getting blown up for seven runs back on March 31, so he's starting to show signs of improvement while recovering from a right forearm strain.

5 minutes ago, The B&G said:

A scout told me his stuff looked pretty bad in his second start when he saw him, so I was pretty concerned coming into this one. Gonna be very interesting to see how this plays out. 

I hope Means gets into form eventually he deserves to be a part of this success after carrying the starting rotation on some absolutely horrid Orioles teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1