John Means 2024

Tony-OH

12 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Line looked good. Anyone actually watch him pitch today?

Looked pretty decent to me. I didn't catch the velo (focusing on simultaneous O's game!). Appeared to focus on FB located on the non-arm side, hitting target well. 

27 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Line looked good. Anyone actually watch him pitch today?

A little.  Threw some 58 foot curves.  Didn’t notice the mph but I think he threw 3 or 4 straight fastballs to one LHH and got one foul back and swings and misses.  I think I caught the end of his last inning.  Funny, it took me awhile to realize who it was.

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

No talk of a rehab assignment for him yet?  I'll be surprised if he's here before July.  I guess a healthy Bradish this year is a bonus.

I was being optimistic. I wish we signed Bauer or Montgomery or simple traded for pitching.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Means is listed as the Tides SP today. 12:05 start time. 

Hoping he just steadily progresses. Really would like to bounce Cole Irvin from this rotation. Means at least knows where the ball is going most of the time. 

Well we might be getting Means and Bradish starting today. No starter listed for Aberdeen. 

We’ll probably try and bump Means up to 60ish pitches from 50 his last start. Just one inning for Bradish. 

Fingers crossed guys and gals. 

Edited by sportsfan8703