2024 Delmarva Shorebirds

DirtyBird

Rolphy Cruz is the only other position player that I might have expected to see here (other than perhaps Kevin Guerrero).

There are several pitchers not on here that were either previously in the roster or might have been expected to start here.  

Kiefer Lord 

Eccel Correa

Juan Rojas

Kelvin Laroche

Angel Vargas

Jack Maruskin

Raúl Rangel is the only pitcher that I'm mildly surprised he didn't make Delmarva. He could be hurt again or just did not make it.

Offensive players, the only ones I'm mildly surprised are Edwin Amparo and Maikol Hernández, only because the Orioles have so much invested in Hernandez and Amparo has some investment too. Wonder if they are hurt. 

Oh, and thought maybe Raylin Ramos might make the team despite missing so much time with a broken leg last year.

33 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Raúl Rangel is the only pitcher that I'm mildly surprised he didn't make Delmarva. He could be hurt again or just did not make it.

Offensive players, the only ones I'm mildly surprised are Edwin Amparo and Maikol Hernández, only because the Orioles have so much invested in Hernandez and Amparo has some investment too. Wonder if they are hurt. 

Oh, and thought maybe Raylin Ramos might make the team despite missing so much time with a broken leg last year.

Raul Rangel was released.   Maikol Hernandez had major surgery.  I believe TJ.    

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Raul Rangel was released.   Maikol Hernandez had major surgery.  I believe TJ.    

I'm mildly surprised to hear about Rangel.   I was pretty interested in him back in 2021.  Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm mildly surprised to hear about Rangel.   I was pretty interested in him back in 2021.  Oh well.

See new posts

Conversation

The Verge- An Orioles MiLB Podcast

@TheVergePod

#Orioles have released the following players: RHP Shelton Perkins RHP Alfred Vega LHP Omar Hernandez RHP Raul Rangel OF Teudis Cortorreal LHP Joe Kemlage

Nov 5, 2023

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

#Orioles have released the following players: RHP Shelton Perkins RHP Alfred Vega LHP Omar Hernandez RHP Raul Rangel OF Teudis Cortorreal LHP Joe Kemlage

Nov 5, 2023

Don't know how I missed that momentous news!

Based on breakout roster, these should be the main starters at each position. Note, we know the Orioles like to mis and match and move guys around.

1B: Noelberth Romero
2B: Aron Estrada
SS: Leandro Arias
3B: Anderson De Los Santos
LF: Stiven Acevedo
CF: Braylin Tavera
RF: Thomas Sosa
DH: Jake Cunningham (He will rotate through all 3 outfield spots)
C : Aneudis Mordan

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Based on breakout roster, these should be the main starters at each position. Note, we know the Orioles like to mis and match and move guys around.

1B: Noelberth Romero
2B: Aron Estrada
SS: Leandro Arias
3B: Anderson De Los Santos
LF: Stiven Acevedo
CF: Braylin Tavera
RF: Thomas Sosa
DH: Jake Cunningham (He will rotate through all 3 outfield spots)
C : Aneudis Mordan

4 19 year olds.  I bet that’s a first for everyday position players.   

I spoke to Cunningham for a couple minutes the last day I was at Twin Lakes.  He said he’s 100% healthy and the foot injury is all behind him. 

He’s a guy I’d expect to move up quickly, assuming he performs well of course. 

14 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

I spoke to Cunningham for a couple minutes the last day I was at Twin Lakes.  He said he’s 100% healthy and the foot injury is all behind him. 

He’s a guy I’d expect to move up quickly, assuming he performs well of course. 

He certainly should be the first to move if he does well.

Stiven Acevedo is league average age this year.  I wonder if he can put it together and have a mini break out year.  I was impressed with him last year in the games I saw him play.  He's a physical guy that really packs a punch and moves well for a big guy.  If he can get more contact, he could put up some impressive power/speed numbers.  At 6'4'' he's a big dude and super athletic. 

So are all but 2 of the position players on this roster from the Dominican Academy?  If that is the case,  that is quite the investment the O's have made down there.  Our were some of these guys picked up in the international draft?

2 hours ago, Yossarian said:

So are all but 2 of the position players on this roster from the Dominican Academy?  If that is the case,  that is quite the investment the O's have made down there.  Our were some of these guys picked up in the international draft?

Without double checking, I think that’s right. Starting to see some of these international trees bear fruit, which is great. Delmarva can be make or break for many of these players, but I think we have a much more talented group passing through this year, so expectations are probably a little higher. 

Also, no such thing as an international draft. Yet, anyway. There is talk of establishing one.