Holliday call up?

Hear me out here. If they weren’t lying about service time being an issue, Holliday should be up for the Boston series w/ all righties. Urias/Kemp better heed this. Urias 0-season and an error. 

What are the exact details of a Holliday call up IF they ARE IN FACT manipulating service time although I think he win or get top 2 in ROY making the point moot— Can someone elaborate on details of a call up?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 13

29 minutes ago, pocketRIPKENS said:

Hear me out here. If they weren’t lying about service time being an issue, Holliday should be up for the Boston series w/ all righties. Urias/Kemp better heed this. Urias 0-season and an error. 

What are the exact details of a Holliday call up IF they ARE IN FACT manipulating service time although I think he win or get top 2 in ROY making the point moot— Can someone elaborate on details of a call up?

Since he didn't start on the roster they have already given up the possibility of the bonus ROY pick. So if they call him up and he ends up top two ROY, that only works against the O's and we lose a year of his service time. 

I don't know the exact date, but it's usually a few weeks before we get the extra year, but only if he doesn't finish in the top two. So if it is purely about service time, the safest thing to do really is to wait until after July to really reduce the chance that he is close in ROY. 

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Since he didn't start on the roster they have already given up the possibility of the bonus ROY pick. So if they call him up and he ends up top two ROY, that only works against the O's and we lose a year of his service time. 

I don't know the exact date, but it's usually a few weeks before we get the extra year, but only if he doesn't finish in the top two. So if it is purely about service time, the safest thing to do really is to wait until after July to really reduce the chance that he is close in ROY. 

Please.  If you keep feeding him, he'll never go away.  After all, there are plenty of other threads that touch on Holliday and his demotion / promotion timeline.

My apologies, I went 2-3 pages back and didn’t see. Again, sorry feel free to close the thread, I’m surely not here for glory— I legitimately cannot find the answer to my questions— even sorting through all the hateful comments, there isn’t a clear answer. 

• Upvote 1