Cade Povich 2024

emmett16

13 hours ago, HuskerFan said:

@ Boxscore Billy

Now tonight was a bad S%.  First 7 hitters he fell behind to start.  13 or 14 overall.  And none of those were even close.  

Overall not a bad outing.  1 pitch to Matt Carpenter in the 5th is the difference. 

Please state your facts without trolling. You have your opinions, Sports Guy has his. Make your points, put in your stats, and stop trolling the other person.

Who cares if SG has a different opinion then you? Really, it's not that different. You both think he's a SP prospect. 

Heck, if you want to go troll anyone, go troll the guy who just compared Povich to Zimmermann, Rom and Vespi! LOL (Don't troll anyone, that was a joke). :D

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Thank you for saving me some typing. My only nitpick is Povich is working on a cutter to offset his fastball and I'm not sure that Povich is a nibbler vs he doesn't have great command yet. 

image.thumb.png.712a4a3a989171b768d1cb9289853ee3.png

Comparing him to Rom or even Zimmermann is off point for sure. Povich is much better pitching prospect then either of them.

image.thumb.png.1a5eb74f8675f69ceb5c53109fb79a76.png

He's dominating both righties and lefties right now. The Vespi comparison is silly as well. Povich probably could be a very good reliever for the Orioles right now, but he's definitely more value as SP depth while he keeps working on his command. He's definitely next up if the Orioles need a starter. 

Good point on command vs. being a nibbler by design, it’s hard to differentiate without watching a lot of him pitch (which I have not). And 100% agreed on the cutter being a distinguishing factor for him vs those other far lesser pitching prospects - that’s part of what makes his arsenal more similar to Irvin’s (though again, his results are wildly different from Irvin’s through very different approaches/command, and better whiff stuff for Povich). 

The Orioles are in a good spot with Povich, where he can probably already step up to be a SP at the MLB level if the need arises but he still has development he can continue in AAA. It’s critical to have optionable SP depth and he is now at that level and hasn’t needed to be added to the 40-man yet. The question is if he makes enough improvements in AAA this year to warrant keeping a spot in the 2025 rotation open for him this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Please state your facts without trolling. You have your opinions, Sports Guy has his. Make your points, put in your stats, and stop trolling the other person.

Who cares if SG has a different opinion then you? Really, it's not that different. You both think he's a SP prospect. 

Heck, if you want to go troll anyone, go troll the guy who just compared Povich to Zimmermann, Rom and Vespi! LOL (Don't troll anyone, that was a joke). :D

Excuse me!?   There is absolutely no trolling in my response. 

Povich's S% was not good last night - YOU look at that FACT yourself.  The point was made, and backed up, with 7 hitters to begin the game he fell behind 1-0.  13 or 14 overall.  All FACTS.

What a ridiculous response from you.

1 hour ago, HuskerFan said:

Excuse me!?   There is absolutely no trolling in my response. 

Povich's S% was not good last night - YOU look at that FACT yourself.  The point was made, and backed up, with 7 hitters to begin the game he fell behind 1-0.  13 or 14 overall.  All FACTS.

What a ridiculous response from you.

It was not a ridiculous post from me and I'd be cautious on not taking moderation.

Who is "boxscore bob" then if you were not referring to Sports Guy? 

Trolling is when you constantly bring a poster back into your argument when they are not engaging with you at that point. 

If you don't understand that, and can't calm down, perhaps the Hangout is not the place for you. 

Are you Cade Povich's friend or relative, because typically when we have a poster like you who are only here because of one player, they typically a family member or friend and they don't play well with anyone who shows the least amount of criticism towards their player.

I've been doing this for 27 years now. You are not the first or last to come in here and battle with Sports Guy or anyone else that someone "criticizes" your player. My suggestion would be to take a deep breath, or maybe just take a little time away from the board until you can communicate calmly.

40 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It was not a ridiculous post from me and I'd be cautious on not taking moderation.

Who is "boxscore bob" then if you were not referring to Sports Guy? 

Trolling is when you constantly bring a poster back into your argument when they are not engaging with you at that point. 

If you don't understand that, and can't calm down, perhaps the Hangout is not the place for you. 

Are you Cade Povich's friend or relative, because typically when we have a poster like you who are only here because of one player, they typically a family member or friend and they don't play well with anyone who shows the least amount of criticism towards their player.

I've been doing this for 27 years now. You are not the first or last to come in here and battle with Sports Guy or anyone else that someone "criticizes" your player. My suggestion would be to take a deep breath, or maybe just take a little time away from the board until you can communicate calmly.

Moderators don't scare me.  If this isn't the place, then so be it.  You do what you feel is necessary.  

That's his nickname.  He commented last week he liked it.  Someone else did too.  If that's breaking the rules then I won't do it.  

He is the one that claimed, falsely, I've never criticized Povich.  Hence the reason that specific response - filled with FACTS - was for him, so he could see it.  

I'm not family or a friend.  I've explained my reasoning for being here.  And it'll happen with Braxton Bragg as well. Then again when the O's draft or trade for another former Husker.  If you're actually interested in knowing then go thru my early posts where I explained it.  More than once, too.

Me communicate calmly?  It's a message board.  You came at me with a ridiculous accusation.  That response was filled with FACTS. 

3 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Moderators don't scare me.  If this isn't the place, then so be it.  You do what you feel is necessary.  

That's his nickname.  He commented last week he liked it.  Someone else did too.  If that's breaking the rules then I won't do it.  

He is the one that claimed, falsely, I've never criticized Povich.  Hence the reason that specific response - filled with FACTS - was for him, so he could see it.  

I'm not family or a friend.  I've explained my reasoning for being here.  And it'll happen with Braxton Bragg as well. Then again when the O's draft or trade for another former Husker.  If you're actually interested in knowing then go thru my early posts where I explained it.  More than once, too.

Me communicate calmly?  It's a message board.  You came at me with a ridiculous accusation.  That response was filled with FACTS. 

I'm tired of the back and forth and told both of you to stop. SG stopped. You can't help yourself.

I've attempted to be nice, but you just want to be a jerk. 

The next time you troll someone or ignore moderations, I will help you out the door. Respond to me back in any other way other than "I understand," I will help you out the door. If you don't like it, see your way out.

I honestly can't be any more clearer than that. Have a great day.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm tired of the back and forth and told both of you to stop. SG stopped. You can't help yourself.

I've attempted to be nice, but you just want to be a jerk. 

The next time you troll someone or ignore moderations, I will help you out the door. Respond to me back in any other way other than "I understand," I will help you out the door. If you don't like it, see your way out.

I honestly can't be any more clearer than that. Have a great day.

😂😂😂😂😂

Oh, I'll show myself out.  This is for you 🖕

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What an ass.  I actually found the substance of his posts to be useful and detailed.  But he just couldn’t stop being obnoxious to other posters.   

I’m going to miss his exchanges with Boxscore Billy.   🙂

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I’m going to miss his exchanges with Boxscore Billy.   🙂

Not me.  What a pain in the rear that guy was.   I know that SG posts strong opinions, but there IS an ignore feature on here if you don't want to see his posts.

Good riddance. 

Can this kid be used out of the pen?  Maybe as a closer?  Big strikeouts.  Low walks.  We dont need a starter prospect right now with the Major League team loaded with arms.  We need something better than Kimbrel in the 9th.

7 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Can this kid be used out of the pen?  Maybe as a closer?  Big strikeouts.  Low walks.  We dont need a starter prospect right now with the Major League team loaded with arms.  We need something better than Kimbrel in the 9th.

My opinion is he’s more of a starter, for whatever that’s worth. I always thought McDermott was more of a reliever with more of a 2 pitch mix and higher Velo.

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

What an ass.  I actually found the substance of his posts to be useful and detailed.  But he just couldn’t stop being obnoxious to other posters.   

I expected him to do that. He became tiring. I mean we all get that he loves himself some Povich, but his constant attacks on @Sports Guy when Rob even showed restraint (for Rob at least :D), was getting obnoxious. He's probably a former roommate or went to class with Povich or something. 

Remember when Parker Bridwell's mom came after you? :D 

11 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Potentially if the need exists late in the year, I could see Povich filling that down the stretch. Until that point/situation, he needs to to keep getting his reps as a starter. He's got a chance to be a guy here next year in the rotation.