The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

When I read many of the posts on here, I again am reminded and realize how many internet posters are actual incels.  Complete and utter losers and rejects in life who have nothing better to do  than troll whatever internet chat board they take a liking to and endlessly MEME GIF and bash any poster that disagrees with their set opinion.    I see this on political sites (I lean way right).  On various sports sites such as this.   And lots of others.

I have read lots of posts on here personally bashing me.  From my looks to the things I do to the the things I say.  I have refrained from doing any of that. 

Why?  Because that is something 15 year old kids do.  Not grown adult men with a life. 

All you guys do is troll.  Everything you say is 100% correct,  (in your opinion) and nothing that will ever be presented as FACTS can change your mind.  I have witnessed it here in this thread and many others.  I have seen it on LOTS of websites that have to do with politics.  Right or left.  Rep or Dem.  Communist. ANTIFA. Pro Trump.  Anti Trump.  Right wing supremacists.  IMO this is why for the most part I stay off of social media.  As does my wife.  Who is a 9/10 Asian and who if she wanted to could make huge $$$$ from that.  But she doesn't.  

Why?  Because of threads like this.  So many of you guys are so lost in life and so with NOTHING in life, that bashing a poster like me.....who has been a staunch Oriole fan since I was 3 growing up in MI, gives you joy.

Nothing I have said in this thread (or the other one that the trolls took so much offense to) has been wrong.  I was right in all of my predictions in that thread from last year, and if trolls are telling me that you would rather have Urias, Mateo, Kemp, and Hays starting in place of Holliday, Mayo, Heston, and Stowers (which is exactly what you are saying)? 

Then I don't know what to say.  Other than again, you are trolls. 

We don't troll and we definitely don't do Politics. Against Board rules.

3 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I would cut more than Hays and Urias. Everyone in Norfolk is tearing the cover off the ball.

To me you cut Mateo and Kemp.  Try to trade Hayes and Urias.  For almost anything.  They are just blocking  better players.  But there has to be at least a luke warm market for a streaky good OF and a sound defensive 3rd baseman who can hit....a little. 

Maybe Mullins too but he wouldn't be high on my list to trade.   And maybe even Anthony S even though I like him a lot.  But only if they get a great offer, which probably won't happen. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

When I read many of the posts on here, I again am reminded and realize how many internet posters are actual incels.  Complete and utter losers and rejects in life who have nothing better to do  than troll whatever internet chat board they take a liking to and endlessly MEME GIF and bash any poster that disagrees with their set opinion.    I see this on political sites (I lean way right).  On various sports sites such as this.   And lots of others.

I have read lots of posts on here personally bashing me.  From my looks to the things I do to the the things I say.  I have refrained from doing any of that. 

Why?  Because that is something 15 year old kids do.  Not grown adult men with a life. 

All you guys do is troll.  Everything you say is 100% correct,  (in your opinion) and nothing that will ever be presented as FACTS can change your mind.  I have witnessed it here in this thread and many others.  I have seen it on LOTS of websites that have to do with politics.  Right or left.  Rep or Dem.  Communist. ANTIFA. Pro Trump.  Anti Trump.  Right wing supremacists.  IMO this is why for the most part I stay off of social media.  As does my wife. 

Why?  Because of threads like this.  So many of you guys are so lost in life and so with NOTHING in life, that bashing a poster like me.....who has been a staunch Oriole fan since I was 3 growing up in MI, gives you joy.

Nothing I have said in this thread (or the other one that the trolls took so much offense to) has been wrong.  I was right in all of my predictions in that thread from last year, and if trolls are telling me that you would rather have Urias, Mateo, Kemp, and Hays starting in place of Holliday, Mayo, Heston, and Stowers (which is exactly what you are saying)? 

Dude, you’re tone deaf.  When your posts turn EVERYONE off maybe it’s time to look in the mirror.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What does those 5 moves look like?

1. Holliday for Kemp

After that, you’re probably wrong. 

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Ask my Ex, lol.

5 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

We don't troll and we definitely don't do Politics. Against Board rules.

I understand.  But the way some here personally attack other Oriole fans such as myself, just for having a differing opinion?

Reminds me a lot of political forums.  Which is a big reason why this country is do divided right now.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Dude, you’re tone deaf.  When your posts turn EVERYONE off maybe it’s time to look in the mirror.   

I actually think you, like many in this country, just go along with the crowd because it is the 'comfortable' thing do to.  There is even a psychological  phenomena called the Bandwagon effect that has been studied a lot concerning this.  Very prevalent in sports. 

For example I said 6 years ago on a Colts Forum that Chris Ballard was not a good GM and should be replaced.  Mainly because of ego and an inability to change.  Most of the posters hated that.  I was almost kicked off that forum for daring to say that.    Was called tons of personal insults. 

6 years later?  Lots want him fired.  And he probably will be soon. 

I have opinions.  Right or wrong.  I am not going to just go along with everything. 

But in the end we are just fans and want what is best for our team. 

10 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

All you guys do is troll.  Everything you say is 100% correct,  (in your opinion) and nothing that will ever be presented as FACTS can change your mind.  I have witnessed it here in this thread and many others.  I have seen it on LOTS of websites that have to do with politics.  Right or left.  Rep or Dem.  Communist. ANTIFA. Pro Trump.  Anti Trump.  Right wing supremacists.  IMO this is why for the most part I stay off of social media.  As does my wife. 

I completely agree social media is atrocious.

This place is most certainly not. Sure there are strong opinions, but this isn't some social media cesspool.

Do you know how many times I've been ridiculed on here? A trillion... it's important to laugh and go "IDGAF what you think. I'm entitled to think what I think." 

7 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I understand.  But the way some here personally attack other Oriole fans such as myself, just for having a differing opinion?

Reminds me a lot of political forums.  Which is a big reason why this country is do divided right now.

I remember years ago when I first came here. Tony told me to slow down and get my feet under me. Might work for you.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I remember years ago when I first came here. Tony told me to slow down and get my feet under me. Might work for you.

I don't care (in fact I appreciate) if people disagree with me as long as they post facts or at least opinions based in some sort of logic.

The poster a couple pages back disagreed with me, but he did so in a mature and logical way and I complimented him for doing so. 

Just have good debate without getting personal.

But I see so many on here, and almost every other message board, that as soon as they disagree with you?  Get personal.  We can see it right in this thread.

There is a political side that does the same which I won't get into.  But needless to say it has become all too easy on the internet to just say things that people would never say face to face.

And that is not good.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I actually think you, like many in this country, just go along with the crowd because it is the 'comfortable' thing do to.  There is even a psychological  phenomena called the Bandwagon effect that has been studied a lot concerning this.  Very prevalent in sports. 

For example I said 6 years ago on a Colts Forum that Chris Ballard was not a good GM and should be replaced.  Mainly because of ego and an inability to change.  Most of the posters hated that.  I was almost kicked off that forum for daring to say that.    Was called tons of personal insults. 

6 years later?  Lots want him fired.  And he probably will be soon. 

I have opinions.  Right or wrong.  I am not going to just go along with everything. 

But in the end we are just fans and want what is best for our team. 

You don’t get it.  That’s why I said you’re tone deaf.  You don’t know how to talk to people or at least write to them.   Lots of people here played on sports teams and know the dynamics of a team.  Lots of people here have played sports at a HS or college level.   When you come on and say “Listen to me because I was an elite athlete in 6 sports and know what I’m talking about” people are already turned off.   If your opinion has merit on its own there’s no need for the chest thumping.   

You want to assume that everyone here is a sheep and an a-hole instead of looking in the mirror and asking yourself “Maybe it’s me?”

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

As does my wife.  Who is a 9/10 Asian and who if she wanted to could make huge $$$$ from that.  But she doesn't.  

Why?  Because of threads like this.

Just wanted to make sure the edit didn't cause this gem to be lost to the ether.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

Just wanted to make sure the edit didn't cause this gem to be lost to the ether.

I have no problem showing my wife.  She is on NO social media so there is zero chance you find her anywhere.

You are welcome to post a pic of yourself and your wife anytime.  But I know you won't.

And yup, she is a 9/10.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

This thread is a dumpster fire and I’m blown away it’s gone 9 pages.

With that said…..I, like you, can’t help but wonder if OP’s wife is 90% Asian or if she is a “9” or “10” on the frat boy beauty scale. 

With OP being a 6 sport all-American I assume the latter?  Maybe we can add a poll to this thread?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1