4/7 at Pirates

Morgan423

14 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Cano set it up to fail with the singles and poor command...This is why Felix's loss will be profound on this team...

This could be a sophomore-curse type season where the team doesn't look as good as last year. But this team will be good going forward, I think that's nearly guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Managers very rarely get an opportunity to use just 1 or 2 pitchers in today's game. Even in a close game, it would have been a good idea to stick with Akin considering how he's looked, and how easy the 8th was for him.

100% agree...I understand L/R matchups..but when a pitcher is going good...why remove him? Plus, Akin had very limited pitch totals...

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

This could be a sophomore-curse type season where the team doesn't look as good as last year. But this team will be good going forward, I think that's nearly guaranteed.

The year after the Orioles won the World Series and won 97 games...the next season(injuries were part of it) they won only 76 games...it happens...Orioles were very good last year but they had a lot of lucky breaks too..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

So I’m guessing someone hops on the shuttle to Norfolk soon. Probably Akin, but who do we bring up at that point? 

I'd rather keep Akin and send down Heasley. As to who to bring up, that's a good question. I'd say Baker but he's not exactly reliable or consistent.

2 hours ago, rm5678 said:

I'd rather keep Akin and send down Heasley. As to who to bring up, that's a good question. I'd say Baker but he's not exactly reliable or consistent.

Wandisson Charles and Nick Vespi might be at the top of my list. Charles has a perfect ERA with a 0.075 WHIP in 4 IP with 6 Ks and 0 hits allowed so far, and has always flashed a strong arm. Vespi might have the edge though, because he's got seniority experience and is on the 40-man roster. He's doing decent in Norfolk with a 1.0 WHIP and a 2.25 ERA in 4 IP.  Vespi also has 6 strike outs.