Holliday called up!

jcaponio

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. If the Orioles win the World Series in 5 games, some of you would be upset they didn’t win in 4. 

Well they started Hays instead of Kjerstad in game 3 against Kershaw so that means Elias doesn't care about winning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChuckS said:

We’ll find out tomorrow. I’d bet on an injury to someone. 

So a random injury would cause them to deviate from their original set plans?  Doesn’t seem to jibe with how they operate.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Why? He makes a tad over  league minimum.  Seems like it makes perfect sense.  They likely knew that was the plan/date all along.  Strange thing is why not just stick with Wong.  

With his service time he is owed that money regardless if he stays up or not. 

Why I wondered if something else is up. 

Just now, emmett16 said:

So a random injury would cause them to deviate from their original set plans?  Doesn’t seem to jibe with how they operate.  

It will probably take an injury for a few of the guys in triple A to get a chance any time soon.

It’s part of the equation among other things. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Unless there's an injury, it seems to me this was just about having him avoid the early string of lefties.

I wouldn’t be shocked if his performance, plus Urias/Kemp’s performance, plus the couple of close (or near close) losses impacted by the anemic offense may have slightly impacted the conversation. But this was probably always the plan unless he actually genuinely struggled, in which case the Kemp move was probably decent insurance to cover the team through May/June. 

Just now, nevadaO said:

Clearly they were just waiting for the team to bring back the sprinkler celebration

Rumors on X are that Holliday said he wasn't coming up unless they went back to it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Unless someone actually is going on the IL and there's no need to drop a player. 

So…all along they were planning to game his service time and an injury popped up (the day before full year service time date) and they changed their minds/plans at the very last minute?  

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Does 10 ABs against LHP altering their thinking jibe?