INF Livan Soto claimed off waivers from the Angels/Then DFA'd and lost to Reds

spleen1015

41 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Norby is probably happy about this.  Matón is hurt and Norby has been playing 2B instead of mostly LF like before.

They also traded Castillo for cash considerations last week.  And, of course, Holliday is no longer down there.   
I guess we can assume that Kemp is t accepting a MiL assignment.  

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why? Norby's quickest path to the majors is as a corner outfielder, not a 2B. 

I think thats what RZ is saying.  Norby should be happy because now Soto can take 2B so this should move Norby back to the outfield where he can get more reps.  Or I just read it completely wrong.  

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Let's just appreciate for a moment that Kremer isn't on/off the IL all year long. Availability has been his biggest asset.
    • Everyone knows I’m a huge Hays fan, but I think Cowser is considerably faster and covers more ground.  His arm is less consistent, for sure.   Mullins is losing a bit of speed every year.  Sprint speed 27.7 this year to 28.0 last year, 28.5 in 2022.  He’s still a plus defender but covers less ground.   Santander looks better this year than last, I think.    
    • @Moose Milligan, to the best of your ability would you define a "dildo post?" It helps we follow the thread better instead of letting my mind wander to places where my browser history might embarrass me.
    • “Clarke Schmidt made only one mistake Monday, and it wasn't a bad pitch. The New York Yankees starter thought Gunnar Henderson looked awkward fouling off two straight knuckle-curves, so he threw the Baltimore Orioles leadoff hitter a third one. It was sharper than the previous two -- not exactly where he wanted it, but close. With Schmidt's stuff, particularly crisp on this balmy night, close is usually good enough. Not against Henderson.” "I want to ultimately be one of the best players to play the game," Henderson said. "I feel like that's how I've carried myself." "I remember being like, 'There is so much talent in this organization,'" Coulombe said. "It's a lot. Gunnar, obviously, is probably the best one. It's hard to deny that." ESPN  
    • Aron Estrada starting to come around.  5 for 12, 2 walks, 1 strikeout over his last 4 games.   
    • The kid looks like a younger version of Jac Caglianone. Most mocks have him as a two-way player. He has the athleticism to pull it off. My son is headed down to Bradenton in August to start a post grad year. The folks at IMG think Franco will honor his college commitment but the 22nd spot bonus might change his mind. Would the O's be willing to develop a two-way player? Might have to completely re-program the Sigbot...
    • Yeah - he is fun to watch when he healthy and happy. Despite the myriad of arm issues, he remains one of my favorite players on the team. I got to see him bat and pitch in a game here in Colorado, (May, 2019) and the intensity he showed in that game — a bit of throwback attitude — at the time on a bare bones roster. O’s lost, 8-6, but he left the game with a 5-3 lead at Coors Field (Armstrong with the blown save, Givens with the loss), but I loved the way he battled and the enthusiasm he had on that not so good team offered a bit of hope.
  • Popular Contributors