O’s Acquire RP Yohan Ramírez from Mets

ArtVanDelay

97 mph tonight with a bunch of sweepers. Sweeper = keeper. In all seriousness, the dude has a live arm.  I could see him giving us a “Webb” type of run. Everyday Webby. Ramírez is out of options so he’s literally pitching for his job everytime out there. 

Honestly, I was banging the drum for us to sign one more vet reliever like a David Robertson, Ottavino, or Brasier, but there probably isn’t too much difference than Ramírez right now other than track record and salary. That’s a $5-$10 million security blanket that Elias didn’t think we needed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, interloper said:

After being DFA'd again by the Mets, Ramirez has been traded to the Dodgers for cash. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/05/mets-trade-yohan-ramirez-dodgers.html

He has really good stuff so teams will keep giving him chances. But he's just so inconsistent that it's tough to put him in anything but mop up duties and be able to trust him.

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He has really good stuff so teams will keep giving him chances. But he's just so inconsistent that it's tough to put him in anything but mop up duties and be able to trust him.

He pitched in a game against Philly last week where I thought the O's made a big mistake getting rid of him!   Now I know it was just a mirage.

59 minutes ago, interloper said:

After being DFA'd again by the Mets, Ramirez has been traded to the Dodgers for cash. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/05/mets-trade-yohan-ramirez-dodgers.html

At least the Mets know one way they can make a little money. Just keep claiming & DFAing this guy and trade him to a team to surpass waivers.