4/13 vs. Brewers

Morgan423

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The Orioles drew the top two hottest teams in the NL (Pirates and Brewers) in the first two weeks in the season. When the NYY play them in the middle of the season, they will be cold as icicles. Just watch.

That's baseball. At the end of the day, the Orioles need to the pitching to stop them. 

Hey Mr. GM. We need some help.

I always feel bad about inherited runners scoring and being credited to the guy who was removed. Ramirez was better than Baumann has made him look. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Why is it that the Orioles stellar farm system only produces bats and no arms?

Because Elias' draft concept up until last year was to mainly draft the bats, buy/acquire the arms. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think this team has gaping holes in starting pitching..and inability to score RISP with less than 2 outs..I think we have power cutters coming up, but our SP problem will hurt us for sure..

Yeah I'm starting to see all our biggest weaknesses. We're missing a couple bullpen peices and rotation pieces as well as another cleanup power hitter (although Mounty and Cowser have been outstanding in providing some power.  Westburg is heating up too). 

I wish there was a way to measure clutch. Because the RISP stranded repeatedly is also a problem and we need someone to bat them in consistently.

Just now, justD said:

I always feel bad about inherited runners scoring and being credited to the guy who was removed. Ramirez was better than Baumann has made him look. 

Baumann is a vulture for wins, and a vulture in giving up inherited runners and getting out with little damage.

1 minute ago, justD said:

I never understood why a pitcher who wasn't even in the game gets charged with the run his reliever allowed to be hit.

When we give credit to Mike for being perceptive, forward thinking, drafting well, etc., it is only fair to castigate him when he doesn’t do basic things.
He did not prepare for the season by establishing quality, pitching depth. He knew about means and Bradish before he got Burnes, and now he’s letting four guys who could start on literally any team in baseball sit in the minors and instead hires Tony Kemp.

Even the smartest guys have blind spots, and I hope that Mike’s is not the reason we’ve got some significant holes in the lineup.

I don’t advocate getting rid of Austin Hayes, but I don’t have a problem with sending him down for a while, and I don’t have a problem getting rid of Matteo. 

I was going to go to today's game but decided against it after last night's debacle. Glad I decided to not go today either. 

This is just ugly. They are not getting beat by the Brewers. They are getting absolutely smashed by the Brewers. Gotta take my hat off though. Impressive offensive display by them. They are hitting like .400 with runners in scoring position.

Oh, and while it doesn't matter, this ump is awful.