Thursday afternoon May 2: Battle for First Place with MFYs

SteveA

23 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

No, it doesn't, as several other posters have also pointed out.  Super refers to the positions - your own Zobrist example being a prime one of that in fact.

Okay, so I went to look for sources to refute this and I found that both my definition and yours are sometimes used so it can mean either.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/1/23/18193861/multiposition-players-flexibility-jed-lowrie-dj-lemahieu

^ clearly implies that productivity of the player is an important component.

But I've seen other people include the number/breadth of positions (e.g. both infield and outfield) as a requirement. 

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Id love to get this last runner in...just a fly ball...

Can we finish celebrating the two that just scored before the anxiety about the one on third sets in please?

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think he's fine. He's taking close pitches that aren't strikes. 

He is looking a little like Ryan O'Hearn out in left field today... 

His arm is just bad, which sucks for such a large LF. He's not hitting anything right now, which is more concerning. He looks less confident and more like the '23 Cowser.

People call the new dimensions a joke, but I love seeing triples - I think they're one of the most exciting plays in baseball - and we've seen 2 triples because of the new dimensions today.