Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

53 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I swear some of you guys just want to have the best farm system.  I can't wait for the 2024 Best Farm System Trophy to add to our 2023 Best Farm System Trophy and 2022 Best Farm System Trophy.  Who needs World Series?

You can trade them but you need to get in return someone with serious team control.... re-read the post pls.

37 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

He said he's not trading anyone in top 5 prospects.  At some point the prospects in the farm have to either play in the majors or be traded they can't stay top prospects forever.

would not trade unless you got in return serious team control...  

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I swear some of you guys just want to have the best farm system.  I can't wait for the 2024 Best Farm System Trophy to add to our 2023 Best Farm System Trophy and 2022 Best Farm System Trophy.  Who needs World Series?

Can't lower those minor league system rankings, same reason why they won't get called up

2 hours ago, SemperFi said:

Cowser has the potential to be an elite corner OF but when you are talking elite those guys have accurate arms-CC has a strong arm but it's not accurate, not now.

Cowser is grading above average at CF right now and best in the league by a country mile at the corners by statcast OAA.  This matches the eye test for me.  DRS is a little less optimistic but still rates him above average in both spots.

He's already an elite defender.  He could clean up his throws for sure but that would just make him elite-er.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Cowser is grading above average at CF right now and best in the league by a country mile at the corners by statcast OAA.  This matches the eye test for me.  DRS is a little less optimistic but still rates him above average in both spots.

He's already an elite defender.  He could clean up his throws for sure but that would just make him elite-er.

Exactly.  As a rookie who has already shown flashes of being a great hitter?  

Blows mind mind the negativity we see here.  BLOWS MY MIND.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hallas said:

He is a borderline all-star because outfielders in general beyond Soto,  Judge, and Tucker are really weak. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hallas said:

That would just make him an elite thrower.  Maybe when the ball is hit Cowser's way, the other outfielders need to converge on Cowser.  Cowser flips the ball to the other outfielder for the throw to the appropriate base.  Sort of like Johnny Damon, but Damon was because he had the arm strength of a noodle.  Cowser has a strong arm, just the accuracy of a sawed off shotgun.

15 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Exactly.  As a rookie who has already shown flashes of being a great hitter?  

Blows mind mind the negativity we see here.  BLOWS MY MIND.

He had a hot 21-game stretch to start the season and has been a terrible hitter since the last week in April. He's been a bad hitter a lot longer than he has been a good hitter. He's striking out 31% of the time and he's been basically a net zero with the bat for nearly 2 months. 

That should not be beyond criticism, and the fact that it BLOWS YOUR MIND shows that it isn't difficult to do.

His defense has been great but his OPS in May was .580 and his OPS in June is low .520's after today.

Edited by Malike
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

He had a hot 21-game stretch to start the season and has been a terrible hitter since the last week in April. He's been a bad hitter a lot longer than he has been a good hitter. He's striking out 31% of the time and he's been basically a net zero with the bat for nearly 2 months. 

That should not be beyond criticism, and the fact that it BLOWS YOUR MIND shows that it isn't difficult to do.

His defense has been great but his OPS in May was .580 and his OPS in June is low .540's after today.

All of this is true, but have you looked at how bad outfielders in the AL are this year?  Cowser is 8th in fWAR among AL outfielders.  And he is .2 points out of 5th.  I understand that you think the first month was a mirage driving these stats, but it’s kinda remarkable. 

8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

He said he's not trading anyone in top 5 prospects.  At some point the prospects in the farm have to either play in the majors or be traded they can't stay top prospects forever.

He may not trade them but I thought Mr Elias was in charge of Orioles prospects decisions ?

22 minutes ago, baltfan said:

All of this is true, but have you looked at how bad outfielders in the AL are this year?  Cowser is 8th in fWAR among AL outfielders.  And he is .2 points out of 5th.  I understand that you think the first month was a mirage driving these stats, but it’s kinda remarkable. 

I say this as someone who defended Cowser like 2 posts ago, but like his fWAR number is entirely dependent on how much you're buying his defense.  I can totally buy the argument that maybe OAA is overrating him a bit, so he's not really on pace to be a 5.5 win player.  The OAA number is pretty eye-popping.

7 hours ago, baltfan said:

I would not say that Cowser is 8th in fWAR because AL outfielders are bad this year.  He’s at 1.9 fWAR, which projects to 4.4 fWAR for the whole season.  Last year, Austin Hays was 8th at 2.5 fWAR.

I do think that (1) fWAR overrates Cowser’s season to date, and (2) his numbers are largely based on the first month of the season.  To the latter point, Cowser was worth 1.4 fWAR after 27 games, 1.7 after 54.