Friday May 10 vs Dbacks (AppleTV+ exclusive), weather permitting

SteveA

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

But don't you find it really interesting to hear that they find the cold weather cold and the rain wet? Really helps me enjoy the game. 

Not really but if it were KB he’d have been prattling on and on about it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• All I know is, Burnes better not lose tonight 
    • You're probably right, using the least-logical lineup possible in each and every game would cost you more like 2-3 wins.Especially if it's a non-DH league and you're constantly giving the pitchers the most PAs.
    • Since 1901 16 teams have played at least .688 ball for a full season (non-COVID edition), and just 14 over a full season of at least 150 games. Over that same span 38 teams have played at least .688 ball over their first 60 games. 11 of those teams (including the 2020 Dodgers) didn't reach 100 wins on the season. Also, remember, there are some teams that won 111+ games and started worse than 42-18, so these aren't full subsets of the first group. For example, the 1906 Cubs, owner of the best record since 1900, started 41-19 and then got hot. The '22 Dodgers were 37-23 on their way to 111-51. The '26 Yanks started the year 43-17 and ended up 91-63 with Ruth and Gehrig in the lineup. As mentioned the 2022 Yanks were similar. The 1928 Yanks started 45-15 and went 56-38 the rest of the way. The '53 Yanks went 46-14 to start, and 53-38 the rest of the way. The best 60-game start ever was the 1912 Giants, who went 48-11-1, and 55-37 (.597) from then on out. I'd guess there's about an 80-90% chance the Yanks win less than 111 games this year.  
    • Kjerstad has a great chance to be the O's right fielder in 2025.
    • Probably the most surprising part of our ML system this year is the advancement of young Latino pitchers. I tend to compare our system to the old Astros system. Luis Garcia and Christian Javier were never flame throwers. Both seemed to locate well with good sweepers.
    • The Orioles certainly don’t need another SP but I do think they should be in the market for guys with multiple years of control who are an upgrade on the number 4 spot in the rotation. After Burnes, Bradish and Grayson, the Orioles have a lot of decent options in Kremer, Irvin, Suarez and Povich but upgrading on them could make a big difference in a playoff game. And that’s assuming we have those top 3 SP healthy in the playoffs.  There’s a limited number of spots to upgrade this team before the playoffs. After the back end of the bullpen, the #4 spot in the rotation is most impactful. And with Burnes hitting free agency, there’s definitely a need to have another playoff-caliber SP.  Crochet and Luzardo are the two most interesting potentially available SP with that extra control, and we know the Orioles had trade talks with both clubs this off-season. They know the Orioles’ system. The Orioles shouldn’t (and won’t) trade Holliday/Mayo/Basallo for them, but I think Kjerstad as the headliner is on the table and there’s a lot of other secondary and tertiary pieces in the system that could make a deal possible. 
    • With the balanced schedule, there should only be 1 wild card team.  It is ridiculous to have a 162 game schedule that still puts 40% of the league into the playoffs.
  • Popular Contributors