Wednesday afternoon May 15: Orioles vs Blue Jay

SteveA

Posted (edited)

This offensive style is not sustainable. Can't string hits together, 29th in walk rate, majority of the home runs in the last few weeks are solos. 

Super frustrating. This is the Duquette-era offense.

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

3 years? We have to sit through 3.5 more years of this nonsense before he hangs up his hat? Sheesh. Has serious Chris Davis vibes.

I worded it weird. I think he might be jobless next year so 2021-2024

10 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Weren’t the Orioles 10-3 against them last year? I mean it’s been a bad two games so far for sure, but that’s because the pitching isn’t attacking (10 BB’s in 15 innings) and the offense seemingly forgot how to hit (8 hits in 14 innings). Never good when the other team is walking more than you’re hitting. Credit to the Jays though, they’re being patient and having good AB’s. Can’t say the same about the Orioles although they’ve been better today besides with RISP.

I guess I didn't explain it well. I am saying we look bad so far this year against them. I know that we dominated them last year. But it doesn't look like we'll be good against them this year, which would then be the 2nd year in a row we were good against them. 

We've looked like this for weeks but have managed some wins. But if this style of offense keeps up, we're not going to get very far. Hyde needs to figure out a way to shake them from their stupor a little. But also, you get what you get for putting McCann and Mullins back-to-back.