The Os will be in the playoffs

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I don’t see a path for Mayo to get the ABs needed to acclimate & become a force in the lineup this year.  Someone would need to be moved.  I don’t see them bringing him up to get sporadic ABs and if they do bring him up and give him sporadic ABs I don’t see him being a difference maker.  He’s a special talent but every single one of our top tier guys have needed time to adjust.  How does he get that opportunity? 

Some of the root cause is both Ryan's flirting with All-Star form, but I agree entering the 2nd quarter of the year, something I now think will happen that I wouldn't have guessed is that one of Coby Mayo or Jackson Holliday will end up with 129 or fewer at-bats this season.

Trade deadline will be exciting not just for Elias hopefully continuing the Corbin Burnes pattern of buying quality, but because it isn't inconceivable something like the Theo Epstein sending Nomar Garciaparra away move is in the range of outcomes.

It is Adley year 3 of 6, and the decision might be to give 2/9ths of the tournament plate appearances to not Mayo/Holliday.

• Upvote 1

I think Mayo's future position is directly related with what we do with Ryan Mountcastle. We got Mounty for 2 more years, if we decide to keep him. Does the timeline work out that the Adley/Basallo catcher split allows the guy not caching to DH or 1B, and Mayo takes the third (1B/DH) spot?