Some encouraging news about Coby Mayo

Oriole doctors told him they will re-examine him in 2 weeks...and if the X-rays are encouraging, he could start a rehab assignment and could be back playing for Norfolk..mid June...instead of Mid July.               Coby is not in any pain, but the rib has to heal. Remember, Bellinger had two broken ribs, and began playing after just 2 weeks. I think we could see Mayo , assuming he's hitting again, with the Orioles in June.Elias told Coby that it was just a matter of days before he was brought to Baltimore..and then that same day, with Elias in the stands...Coby chased a pop up, fell into the dugout and broke a rib...really bad luck..

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Oriole doctors told him they will re-examine him in 2 weeks...and if the X-rays are encouraging, he could start a rehab assignment and could be back playing for Norfolk..mid June...instead of Mid July.               Coby is not in any pain, but the rib has to heal. Remember, Bellinger had two broken ribs, and began playing after just 2 weeks. I think we could see Mayo , assuming he's hitting again, with the Orioles in June.Elias told Coby that it was just a matter of days before he was brought to Baltimore..and then that same day, with Elias in the stands...Coby chased a pop up, fell into the dugout and broke a rib...really bad luck..

Thanks for the info, Roy. I didn't see how they could keep him down much longer, and I was really disappointed for him when I saw that he had broken a rib. It sounds like if it isn't too bad we will still get to see him in Baltimore pretty soon.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Is that public info? I hadn't seen that he was so close. Sucks for Coby. That is a really scary play. Could he be called up as soon as his rehab is over?