Tuesday, May 21 / Wednesday May 22 GAME RESUMES at 12:15pm: Orange/Black Birds vs Red Birds

SteveA

11 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Getting real old.

Screenshot-2024-05-21-194952.jpg

I'm watching the Phillies game as well and the home plate umpire is just as bad. Seriously, I've never been more ready for robo umps in my life. 

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I have been saying this. He is too passive.  You can influence these guys by being on top of them.   Your team also will think you have their back. 

Seems just as likely that they spit in your food. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Mullins has to start making some changes right? Crazy how much he is popping up right. And on that back camera view it almost looked like his weight was on his back foot when he made contact. Feels like he’s had a lot of swings like that recently, which I’m guessing is not good.

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I have been saying this. He is too passive.  You can influence these guys by being on top of them.   Your team also will think you have their back. 

Again, show data where this helps. If there is any evidence that getting tossed fires up your team and compels them to victory it failed in the last game Hyde got tossed in this season.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

Mullins has to start making some changes right? Crazy how much he is popping up right. And on that back camera view it almost looked like his weight was on his back foot when he made contact. Feels like he’s had a lot of swings like that recently, which I’m guessing is not good.

He's had a couple of good games, but he needs to pick it up. I'm not sure he is really good enough to be a 4th or 5th OF. His arm just isn't that strong. 

19 minutes ago, Philip said:

The Umpire called one low ball a strike that wasn’t and one high ball a strike that wasn’t.

At least he’s being geometric.

This is why I said you can't trust the ump scorecards. 2 missed called in the first inning. These umps aren't missing 6 or 7 a game. More like 15-20.