Wednesday, May 22, approximately 1:45: Regularly Scheduled Game vs Cardinals, sweepless streak on the line

SteveA

I really think it will be easier to watch games now, with my expectations lowered. Anything good will be a nice surprise. Can just let the season unfold as it will. I sure did have fun at last Friday’s game tho. That was a very fun team to watch! Looking forward to getting that back, if and when they stop slumping. Too much hitting talent on this roster to continue for the whole season. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, O's84 said:

The Mullins double up was indefensible.  You have to make sure the ball doesn't get caught.

Was it worse than the error that gave St. Louis the lead? I had to listen to their radio guys in the car and they said it was a little league homerun and embarrassing defense by the Orioles.

Well that was tortorous to watch on GameDay.   

I got the indication that it was "in play -- run(s)" which of course got my hopes up.

Then that little display they have this year showed the ball really close to the RF wall, like did it go over?   Was it a double.

A lot of confusing stuff was happening with the 3 dots representing the baserunners so I wasn't really sure what happend.

But I had my hopes up.   Could have been a 3-run HR, or a 2-run double, or at least a hit that moved Mullins to 3rd.   Or (in my mind) the worst it could be would be a sac fly.

Then after abo ut 25 seconds they put the actually result up.   Very disappointing.

Bad managing and i dont really want to hear about "elite/best farm system in the league" when your fielding guys who bat under or near under 200 game after game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Was it worse than the error that gave St. Louis the lead? I had to listen to their radio guys in the car and they said it was a little league homerun and embarrassing defense by the Orioles.

It wasn’t as bad, but still bad. The little league homer was awful.