The 2024 Trade Deadline

31 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ll stick to that I’ll take Povich over Fedde for the rest of this current season. Fedde hasn’t had 5 starts all season as tough as Povich‘s first 5 starts of his career.

Povich is good. Hate to break it to people. 

IMG_5626.jpeg

In terms of who Povich has pitched against, Toronto is 24th in runs scored per game. Their offense is bad. Atlanta is better than they have performed so far this year but are still only 14th in runs per game. NYY and Cleveland are 4th and 2nd so those are two good lineups. 

Fedde has faced CLE twice and the O’s once. ARI, MIL, and MIN are the two other top 10 teams in runs per game he has faced. In those 6 starts, he has gone 34.1 innings, 10 BB’s, 37 K’s, and 11 ER. He’s fared pretty well against stronger opponents this year. That’s a strong K/BB ratio and ERA under 3.

Edited by LGOrioles
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Well I am 6'1".  I am considered tall.  He is 2 to 3 inches taller than me.  So I would put him up there as far as what people would consider very tall.  I may have exaggerated a tad there as he is tall, but it isn't like he is 6 foot 8.  I think it goes back to what I said about him being a lefty with a somewhat unorthodox delivery.  He seems like he is all legs so it gives him the appearance of even being taller.  He kind of reminds me a Jim Palmer in that respect.  With Palmer being a righty obviously.  Povich being a lefty only helps. 

Ok.  I think he appears taller because he’s skinny. 6’3 is probably about average for a ML starting pitcher.  Irvin is 6’4.  Burnes and Bradish 6’3, and Kremer 6’2.

If he can avoid the walks he should be ok.

11 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

In terms of who Povich has pitched against, Toronto is 24th in runs scored per game. Their offense is bad. Atlanta is better than they have performed so far this year but are still only 14th in runs per game. NYY and Cleveland are 4th and 2nd so those are two good lineups. 

Fedde has faced CLE twice and the O’s once. ARI, MIL, and MIN are the two other top 10 teams in runs per game he has faced. In those 6 starts, he has gone 34.1 innings, 10 BB’s, 37 K’s, and 11 ER. He’s fared pretty well against stronger opponents this year. That’s a strong K/BB ratio and ERA under 3.

I think that you also need to take into consideration the situations when he has pitched.  I believe mainly on the road, against some very good teams.  I thought he pitched wonderfully. 

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  I think he appears taller because he’s skinny. 6’3 is probably about average for a ML starting pitcher.  Irvin is 6’4.  Burnes and Bradish 6’3, and Kremer 6’2.

If he can avoid the walks he should be ok.

Yeah I would agree, being so slim and with that sweeping delivery for sure gives him the illusion of being taller. 

Kind of like a Praying Mantis pitching to you haha.

44 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ll stick to that I’ll take Povich over Fedde for the rest of this current season. Fedde hasn’t had 5 starts all season as tough as Povich‘s first 5 starts of his career.

Povich is good. Hate to break it to people. 

IMG_5626.jpeg

Fedde did something Povich didn’t do.   He faced the #1 scoring team in MLB.   And he shut them out for 6.1 innings.   

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I think that you also need to take into consideration the situations when he has pitched.  I believe mainly on the road, against some very good teams.  I thought he pitched wonderfully. 

I don’t have any major complaints about Povich overall. The walks can be frustrating but he’s been fine overall and I’ve been impressed with the lack of hard contact he’s given up. I was just pointing out that Fedde has placed his share of tough lineups too.

If I am Elias, I’m targeting Fedde, Nardi, and Harvey (or Garcia depending on his elbow). I think they need a LH reliever just in case Coulombe doesn’t come back. And they need a RH one regardless. A September backend of the pen of Kimbrel, Coulombe, Harvey, and Nardi is solid. Then you have Cano/Webb/Perez as middle relief options. And then Akin and one of Suarez/Irvin as the long relief options. Baker, Tate, and Vespi have all been solid too, so they’re good on depth. They need difference makers. 

10 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

If I am Elias, I’m targeting Fedde, Nardi, and Harvey (or Garcia depending on his elbow). I think they need a LH reliever just in case Coulombe doesn’t come back. And they need a RH one regardless. A September backend of the pen of Kimbrel, Coulombe, Harvey, and Nardi is solid. Then you have Cano/Webb/Perez as middle relief options. And then Akin and one of Suarez/Irvin as the long relief options. Baker, Tate, and Vespi have all been solid too, so they’re good on depth. They need difference makers. 

What about TREVOR!!!!   :)

Poor poor Trevor.  :( 

9 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Not sure what you mean by difference maker.  Nardi and Harvey certainly strengthen the bullpen.   I don’t really consider either a dominant arm.

14 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Nardi is a guy I really like.  There isn’t much in his profile to dislike. High end arm who could become even better in Baltimore imo.

I think as of right now, I target Nardi and a Detmers/Estevez package.