The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

And on the day Gerrit admits he isn't bouncing back well, no less!

Cashman may need Jeter to give him one of those gift baskets for Nestor Cortes.

Cashman may need to go into witness protection in NY.  I'm sure their spoiled fans aren't happy.

from MLBTR: sounds like orioles are just using up money they had to spend on an upside play. smart. 

The Orioles and White Sox are finishing up a trade that’ll send outfielder/designated hitter Eloy Jimenez from Chicago to Baltimore, reports ESPN’s Jeff Passan. It’s primarily a salary-dump deal from the White Sox, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post, which suggests the Sox aren’t eating the whole contract and thus aren’t likely to receive prospects of note in the swap. Francys Romero adds that one low-level prospect is headed back to the Sox in the swap.

Just now, DenPA2002 said:

The ball boy,

Our All-Star ball boy? Oh my god, that's such a bad deal for the O's. WTF is wrong with Elias? I guess everyone should just be prepared to end up in LAST PLACE this year. 

• Haha 1

Just now, capyy said:

from MLBTR: sounds like orioles are just using up money they had to spend on an upside play. smart. 

The Orioles and White Sox are finishing up a trade that’ll send outfielder/designated hitter Eloy Jimenez from Chicago to Baltimore, reports ESPN’s Jeff Passan. It’s primarily a salary-dump deal from the White Sox, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post, which suggests the Sox aren’t eating the whole contract and thus aren’t likely to receive prospects of note in the swap. Francys Romero adds that one low-level prospect is headed back to the Sox in the swap.

Seems like the O's could have expanded it to include Brebbia.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe Suarez can be turned into a high leverage bullpen arm. 

best case orioles tweak some things with rogers and eflin and get two solid #3 guys and suarez becomes a good pen piece? I believe! 

4 minutes ago, bluedog said:

Jiminez is a career .800 OPS guy who is only 27 years old. Let's see if the O's can help him get back to the 141 OPS+ form he had two years ago.

He shouldn’t play the field and isn’t going to be DH’ing against RHP’s over O’Hearn. So what’s the point? Having him just DH/PH against LHP’s is a waste of a roster spot.