Connor Norby 2024

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Norby is increasing his trade value.  Which is a good thing.  You could say he is too good to trade but so are Holliday, Kjerstad, and Mayo who all ranked ahead of him.

The best thing Norby can do while he is up is contribute to the Os winning games.

The next best thing he can do is show other teams he is worthy of being traded for.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Norby is increasing his trade value.  Which is a good thing.  You could say he is too good to trade but so are Holliday, Kjerstad, and Mayo who all ranked ahead of him.

No he's not.

You must think every other front office is staffed by idiots.

He's going to have to do a lot more than hit .143 and not look completely out of place in the field to start moving the needle on his trade value.

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No he's not.

You must think every other front office is staffed by idiots.

He's going to have to do a lot more than hit .143 and not look completely out of place in the field to start moving the needle on his trade value.

I agree but some of the pressure is off with hitting the homer.  Now maybe he gets some more hits and raises  his averages.

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree but some of the pressure is off with hitting the homer.  Now maybe he gets some more hits and raises  his averages.

Ok then don’t say “he IS increasing his trade value”.  Thats where the push back was.

What you should say is, if that homer gets him going, perhaps he can increase his trade value. 

That makes sense and I agree with it.

• Upvote 1

That homer was one of the most valuable homers in history.  Took Norby from a guy that we might be able to trade for a piece or two to someone that every other major league front office just absolutely has to have.  I wouldn't be surprised if ME's voicemail is completely full when he gets to his office this morning.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I don't think Norby can do anything that would make me say he's too good to trade. I like the guy and the player but we need relievers man. Like critically.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

That homer was one of the most valuable homers in history.  Took Norby from a guy that we might be able to trade for a piece or two to someone that every other major league front office just absolutely has to have.  I wouldn't be surprised if ME's voicemail is completely full when he gets to his office this morning.

Norby for Luzardo, who says no?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Have we started talking about a Norby extension yet? 

Has someone made a 2025 projected lineup with Norby in it and all homegrown players? I love it when that happens! 

1B Mountcastle

2B Norby

SS Henderson

3B Westburg

C  Rutschman

LF Cowser

CF Holliday

RF Mayo

DH Kjerstad

Or, so Bemorewins doesn’t have a coronary.  Holliday at 2B, Norby in LF, and Cowser in CF.

Moose, if you want we can delete Mountcastle, put Mayo at 1B and Stowers in RF or LF and make it not just homegrown but Elias drafted players exclusively.

• Like 1

Has someone made a 2025 projected lineup with Norby in it and all homegrown players? I love it when that happens! 

Dont we need to start The Mountcastle extension thread first

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

1B Mountcastle

2B Norby

SS Henderson

3B Westburg

C  Rutschman

LF Cowser

CF Holliday

RF Mayo

DH Kjerstad

Or, so Bemorewins doesn’t have a coronary.  Holliday at 2B, Norby in LF, and Cowser in CF.

Moose, if you want we can delete Mountcastle, put Mayo at 1B and Stowers in RF or LF and make it not just homegrown but Elias drafted players exclusively.

This is amazeballs.  Just made my morning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is amazeballs.  Just made my morning.

I know you’re joking but the fact that we, theoretically, could do it is kind of amazing.